Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
User avatar
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11933
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Laser Disc Guide: The Forgotten Jog Shuttle Dial

by CRTGAMER Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:25 pm

AppleQueso wrote:Would it be worth mentioning the Laseractive in this thread?

Sure, add anything you like. If you own one a review with pics would be great! I do have some info on it in the OP.
Image
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Image
Image
AppleQueso
 

Re: Laser Disc Guide: The Forgotten Jog Shuttle Dial

by AppleQueso Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:27 pm

ohh, it IS in the OP, I must've missed it.

Nah, I don't own one. Would be cool to have, just to play a few of those Mega-LD games though.
User avatar
ATARI800XLfan
128-bit
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:01 pm
Location: Indiana U.S.A

Re: Laser Disc Guide: The Forgotten Jog Shuttle Dial

by ATARI800XLfan Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:11 pm

Just wondering but what would be a good price on a Pioneer LD-W1 laserDisc player. I have recently found for sale. The seller is asking 350 dollars plus shipping, how is that ? Here is one of the video's showing it working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt4YFPZ5 ... ideo_title
User avatar
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11933
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Laser Disc Guide: The Forgotten Jog Shuttle Dial

by CRTGAMER Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:47 pm

ATARI800XLfan wrote:Just wondering but what would be a good price on a Pioneer LD-W1 laserDisc player. I have recently found for sale. The seller is asking 350 dollars plus shipping, how is that ? Here is one of the video's showing it working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt4YFPZ5 ... nnel_vitle

A very nice player at a high price, but it is an uncommon two disc player. Most movies are single disc, though there are still quite a few that are two disc. Remember you are dealing with an obsolete format. Read thru my Guide in the OP to help you decide.
Image
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Image
Image
User avatar
ATARI800XLfan
128-bit
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:01 pm
Location: Indiana U.S.A

Re: Laser Disc Guide: The Forgotten Jog Shuttle Dial

by ATARI800XLfan Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:44 am

CRTGAMER wrote:
ATARI800XLfan wrote:Just wondering but what would be a good price on a Pioneer LD-W1 laserDisc player. I have recently found for sale. The seller is asking 350 dollars plus shipping, how is that ? Here is one of the video's showing it working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt4YFPZ5 ... nnel_vitle

A very nice player at a high price, but it is an uncommon two disc player. Most movies are single disc, though there are still quite a few that are two disc. Remember you are dealing with an obsolete format. Read thru my Guide in the OP to help you decide.


Thanks, how does the video resolution/quality on the CLD-1010 compare to later models. I have noticed one on eBay with a starting bid of 10 dollars plus thirty shipping.
User avatar
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11933
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Laser Disc Guide: The Forgotten Jog Shuttle Dial

by CRTGAMER Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:33 pm

ATARI800XLfan wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:
ATARI800XLfan wrote:Just wondering but what would be a good price on a Pioneer LD-W1 laserDisc player. I have recently found for sale. The seller is asking 350 dollars plus shipping, how is that ? Here is one of the video's showing it working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt4YFPZ5 ... nnel_vitle
A very nice player at a high price, but it is an uncommon two disc player. Most movies are single disc, though there are still quite a few that are two disc. Remember you are dealing with an obsolete format. Read thru my Guide in the OP to help you decide.
Thanks, how does the video resolution/quality on the CLD-1010 compare to later models. I have noticed one on eBay with a starting bid of 10 dollars plus thirty shipping.

Not sure if you will see a drastic difference between the two Laser Players. However DVDs do look a lot better. Get a Laser for the control features of frame search, the jog shuttle dial and out of print discs.
Image
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Image
Image
User avatar
ATARI800XLfan
128-bit
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:01 pm
Location: Indiana U.S.A

Re: Laser Disc Guide: The Forgotten Jog Shuttle Dial

by ATARI800XLfan Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:15 pm

[/quote]Thanks, how does the video resolution/quality on the CLD-1010 compare to later models. I have noticed one on eBay with a starting bid of 10 dollars plus thirty shipping.[/quote]
Not sure if you will see a drastic difference between the two Laser Players. However DVDs do look a lot better. Get a Laser for the control features of frame search, the jog shuttle dial and out of print discs.[/quote]

Thanks, the reason I asked about which one looks better though is that I want my friends and people who have not seen a LaserDisc in action seem them at there best quality, plus I do not own a DVD player besides my laptop. How about CLD-2080 vs CLD-1010?
User avatar
ATARI800XLfan
128-bit
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:01 pm
Location: Indiana U.S.A

Re: Laser Disc Guide: The Forgotten Jog Shuttle Dial

by ATARI800XLfan Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:33 am

Hello. CRTGamer I noticed that you mentioned you own a Pioneer CLD-D702. What is your opinion of the player, how is the video and sound compared to later mid range players. How well does it compare to a CLD-D703. One reason I ask it that I just won one on eBay for 116 dollars including shipping. Come's with tranist screw and is double boxed and double bubble raped, along with peanuts. Is that a fair price for one?
User avatar
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11933
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Laser Disc Guide: The Forgotten Jog Shuttle Dial

by CRTGAMER Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:52 am

ATARI800XLfan wrote:Hello. CRTGamer I noticed that you mentioned you own a Pioneer CLD-D702. What is your opinion of the player, how is the video and sound compared to later mid range players. How well does it compare to a CLD-D703. One reason I ask it that I just won one on eBay for 116 dollars including shipping. Come's with tranist screw and is double boxed and double bubble raped, along with peanuts. Is that a fair price for one?

I'm happy with it. The Jog Shuttle Dial is on both the Player and Remote. As mentioned earlier Laser Disc video is not as good as DVD, but it has rock solid frame search and scan. The digital freeze is pretty good for CLV discs.

You made out, that is not a bad price including shipping! A heavy robust player.

Info on yours: http://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/laser ... d-d703.htm

Please post a pic and your review once you get it running. Try both the Composite and SVideo connection, curious which looks better. Don't worry about the AC3, digital sound is just fine.
Image
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Image
Image
User avatar
ATARI800XLfan
128-bit
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:01 pm
Location: Indiana U.S.A

Re: Laser Disc Guide: The Forgotten Jog Shuttle Dial

by ATARI800XLfan Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:26 am

CRTGAMER wrote:
ATARI800XLfan wrote:Hello. CRTGamer I noticed that you mentioned you own a Pioneer CLD-D702. What is your opinion of the player, how is the video and sound compared to later mid range players. How well does it compare to a CLD-D703. One reason I ask it that I just won one on eBay for 116 dollars including shipping. Come's with tranist screw and is double boxed and double bubble raped, along with peanuts. Is that a fair price for one?

I'm happy with it. The Jog Shuttle Dial is on both the Player and Remote. As mentioned earlier Laser Disc video is not as good as DVD, but it has rock solid frame search and scan. The digital freeze is pretty good for CLV discs.

You made out, that is not a bad price including shipping! A heavy robust player.

Info on yours: http://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/laser ... d-d703.htm

Please post a pic and your review once you get it running. Try both the Composite and SVideo connection, curious which looks better. Don't worry about the AC3, digital sound is just fine.

Thanks, meant to say that I won a CLD-D702. It will be my first 90's player with double side play and digital memory. Up till now all I have had is a Pioneer CLD-909. Should be a noticeable difference in picture quality and sound. Now I just need to get a sound system for it. Just wondering what is the video-signal-to-noise-ratio. I have heard from some sources that it is 50db for the CLD-D702? I have also heard that the dynamic range for digital sound goes up to 99db on the CLD-D702 which I find odd seeing as the CLD-D703 and 704 do not even go that high?
Return to Guides

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests