Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Gamecube and PS2 Mod Guide: Alternate Media

Post by noiseredux »

CRT, following yr GameCube guide and I get to here:

Run SDPATCH.EXE F:\

I run sdpatch from the command line and it says

'SDPATCH.EXE' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

any idea?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

noiseredux wrote:CRT, following yr GameCube guide and I get to here:

Run SDPATCH.EXE F:\

I run sdpatch from the command line and it says

'SDPATCH.EXE' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

any idea?

nvm -- think I got it.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

RE: GameCube guide.

I'm using the newer AR. I'm mostly sure I entered the code right. When I try to run SDLOAD it looks like it's going to load, but the screen just stays black. I'm using a Micro SD>SD Adapter (it's a 2GB)... but MAYBE MicroSD isn't compatible? Or maybe it's actually a HDSD? Or maybe just the brand? Are certain brands more reliable than others?

I'm also using a rather cheapo SD Memory Card, called the WiiSD. Got it from Deal Extreme. I have 2 of them to test. Same thing happens both times. Is there a way to "test" the SD Memory Card to make sure it works?

Anyway, this is sort of just a pet project. I'm in no rush. My Cube is modded, so it's not like I even need this softmod. But I just thought I'd give it a try. Also I don't need both WiiSD's, so if anyone needs one give me a shout.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

noiseredux wrote:RE: GameCube guide.

I'm using the newer AR. I'm mostly sure I entered the code right. When I try to run SDLOAD it looks like it's going to load, but the screen just stays black. I'm using a Micro SD>SD Adapter (it's a 2GB)... but MAYBE MicroSD isn't compatible? Or maybe it's actually a HDSD? Or maybe just the brand? Are certain brands more reliable than others?

I'm also using a rather cheapo SD Memory Card, called the WiiSD. Got it from Deal Extreme. I have 2 of them to test. Same thing happens both times. Is there a way to "test" the SD Memory Card to make sure it works?

Anyway, this is sort of just a pet project. I'm in no rush. My Cube is modded, so it's not like I even need this softmod. But I just thought I'd give it a try. Also I don't need both WiiSD's, so if anyone needs one give me a shout.
No code needed for the newer Action Replay. AR auto detects the Gecko card with a 2gb or less memory card and auto runs the hidden SD Media Launcher. It will run most DOL files off the memory card.

Be sure to format the memory cards a FAT16 filesystem (FAT12 and FAT32 are not supported).
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

CRTGAMER wrote:
Be sure to format the memory cards a FAT16 filesystem (FAT12 and FAT32 are not supported).

walk me through this process. I right clicked the Drive and hit format... it said FAT (didn't say 12, 16 or 32 though?) I'm using Win7.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

noiseredux wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:

walk me through this process. I right clicked the Drive and hit format... it said FAT (didn't say 12, 16 or 32 though?) I'm using Win7.

FAT is FAT16.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

gtmtnbiker wrote:FAT is FAT16.

thanks for walking me through how to format it as FAT16 in Win7. :roll:

EDIT: Wait, so you're thinking I did do it right? How can I be sure?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

No code needed for the newer Action Replay. AR auto detects the Gecko card with a 2gb or less memory card and auto runs the hidden SD Media Launcher. It will run most DOL files off the memory card.

hold up -- you're saying I didn't need to type in all that code? dammit.

CRT, it's not auto-running the SD Media Launcher.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

FAT12 is really ancient and was used before Windows.

So in Windows 7, if you see FAT, it means FAT16. Windows 7 supports FAT, FAT32, and NTFS.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

noiseredux wrote:

hold up -- you're saying I didn't need to type in all that code? dammit.

CRT, it's not auto-running the SD Media Launcher.
No codes needed on the newer GC action Replay. I don't think the hidden SD Media Launcher was removed, though mine is dated 2007.

Is the SD card 2gb or less and formated in FAT16? Also need at least one DOL file in the card plugged into the Gecko adaptor.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425