Guide Requests

Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Guide Requests

Post by fastbilly1 »

AmishSamurai wrote:I'd like to see a tab-cutting guide for the SNES so it can play SFC games.

Next SNES I get you are on
PhilSGoodman

Post by PhilSGoodman »

Curlypaul wrote:Changing batteries/fuses in a model 1 Mega CD? Any help on repairing the CD door mechanism would be cool as well.
I've also heard that its possible to combine the psu's on a megadrive/cd/32x set up, some pics on how to do that is always going to be helpful.

I also see a lot of people asking about repairing blown caps on Game Gears

I would like to second this. Any help in this field would be appreciated!
My for sale/trade thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29376
Croooow!
128-bit

Post by Croooow! »

Mendoza wrote:How about a guide to playing imports on the various systems. I know most of the 101 guides mention this, but it would be nice to have them all in one guide.

I'd love to see this as well because then those with no modding experience (me) can find the ones that aren't hard at all and eventually work they're way up.
"There are two ways to get enough. One way is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less." G.K. Chesterton

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Croooow! wrote:
Mendoza wrote:How about a guide to playing imports on the various systems. I know most of the 101 guides mention this, but it would be nice to have them all in one guide.
I'd love to see this as well because then those with no modding experience (me) can find the ones that aren't hard at all and eventually work they're way up.
There are a few specific to certain consoles in the Guides Section. I recently posted a Playstation PAL NTSC conversion guide there.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

I'm thinking about building a bartop mvs this summer and a guide on wiring and setup would be amazing. I already have my eye on kits for parts and graphics. :)
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
BRIK
Next-Gen

Post by BRIK »

A Retro 101 on the Game Boy Color maybe? It even says in the Game Boy 101 that it would warrant its own article.

EDIT: I would also be willing to help write it up BTW.
Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

BRIK wrote:A Retro 101 on the Game Boy Color maybe? It even says in the Game Boy 101 that it would warrant its own article.

EDIT: I would also be willing to help write it up BTW.

You have Noiseredux for all you answers, just shoot him a message. He is one of the community gurus on the subject.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
BRIK
Next-Gen

Post by BRIK »

Sure. Thanks :)
Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

BRIK wrote:A Retro 101 on the Game Boy Color maybe? It even says in the Game Boy 101 that it would warrant its own article.

yeah it says that because when we worked on the GB article, I wanted to make sure GBC would get its own instead of lumping the two together. I'd say a GBC101 article is going to be a reality. :)
BRIK
Next-Gen

Post by BRIK »

Awesome :D