Page 2 of 9

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:36 am
by ElkinFencer10
noiseredux wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:Is this going to be another bullshit pseudo-MMO, or will it have a legitimate storyline and offline play?


do you think the same way about PSO? :?

That can be played offline. If that were an applicable situation, then yes, I'd feel the same way about it.

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:46 am
by noiseredux
ElkinFencer10 wrote:
noiseredux wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:Is this going to be another bullshit pseudo-MMO, or will it have a legitimate storyline and offline play?


do you think the same way about PSO? :?

That can be played offline. If that were an applicable situation, then yes, I'd feel the same way about it.


on console anyway.

At any rate whether or not you found it to be a "bullshit pseudo-MMO" or not, it did have a legitimate storyline. Much like in PSO, you could easily just stick to story missions.

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:50 am
by ElkinFencer10
It had a storyline. Its storyline, however, was convoluted and terrible. Super Mario Bros has a storyline; I wouldn't call that a legitimate storyline.

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:53 am
by noiseredux
ElkinFencer10 wrote:It had a storyline. Its storyline, however, was convoluted and terrible. Super Mario Bros has a storyline; I wouldn't call that a legitimate storyline.


oh, this might be where our tastes differ. I see. Yeah. I care about a story in a game like Destiny just about as much as I do in a game like Super Mario Bros. Which is to say IDGAF. A better analog would probably be - again - Phantasy Star Online. I've dumped, I don't know 200 or 300 hours into PSO over the years and I don't think I could tell you anything about the game's story. It's just not why I'm playing such a game.

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:48 am
by ElkinFencer10
Yeah, definitely a taste difference. And I'm still very salty and biased against Destiny because of the on-disc DLC bullshit. Very rarely do I not care about story in a game. It's pretty much only shmups and platformers where I can overlook a lack of story, and even in those, it's a MAJOR plus in my book if there's an interesting storyline (which is part of why I rated Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype so highly on my blog).

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:20 pm
by fastbilly1
noiseredux wrote:I've dumped, I don't know 200 or 300 hours into PSO over the years and I don't think I could tell you anything about the game's story.

You are hired to to investigate what went wrong on the colony. Turns out Dark Falz is afoot (surprise surprise).

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:48 am
by dsheinem
anyone else excited to jump in to the beta today? I hope to sink as many hours into it as possible this week :D

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:39 pm
by foxhound1022
Already tried out the new subclasses. Sentinel Titan is awesome. The new weapon types/tiers will take some getting used to, but it's all good so far.

That rally shield ability comes in really handy too if you're pinned down in a corner.

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:52 am
by noiseredux
so is anybody playing Destiny 2 on Xbox One?

Is anyone planning to play Destiny 2 on PC at launch?

My instinct is to play on PC because it means I'll finally get to play some Destiny with keyboard and mouse. Though I'm curious if either the Xbox or PC will have a community of folks I know playing which could potentially tip my interest further one way or the other.

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:57 am
by dsheinem
noiseredux wrote:so is anybody playing Destiny 2 on Xbox One?

Is anyone planning to play Destiny 2 on PC at launch?

My instinct is to play on PC because it means I'll finally get to play some Destiny with keyboard and mouse. Though I'm curious if either the Xbox or PC will have a community of folks I know playing which could potentially tip my interest further one way or the other.


I'm playing on PS4. I will also play on PC, most likely.