RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
User avatar
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7510
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Henderson, North Carolina

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

by ElkinFencer10 Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:36 am

noiseredux wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:Is this going to be another bullshit pseudo-MMO, or will it have a legitimate storyline and offline play?


do you think the same way about PSO? :?

That can be played offline. If that were an applicable situation, then yes, I'd feel the same way about it.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Image
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38008
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

by noiseredux Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:46 am

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
noiseredux wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:Is this going to be another bullshit pseudo-MMO, or will it have a legitimate storyline and offline play?


do you think the same way about PSO? :?

That can be played offline. If that were an applicable situation, then yes, I'd feel the same way about it.


on console anyway.

At any rate whether or not you found it to be a "bullshit pseudo-MMO" or not, it did have a legitimate storyline. Much like in PSO, you could easily just stick to story missions.
Image
User avatar
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7510
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Henderson, North Carolina

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

by ElkinFencer10 Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:50 am

It had a storyline. Its storyline, however, was convoluted and terrible. Super Mario Bros has a storyline; I wouldn't call that a legitimate storyline.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Image
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38008
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

by noiseredux Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:53 am

ElkinFencer10 wrote:It had a storyline. Its storyline, however, was convoluted and terrible. Super Mario Bros has a storyline; I wouldn't call that a legitimate storyline.


oh, this might be where our tastes differ. I see. Yeah. I care about a story in a game like Destiny just about as much as I do in a game like Super Mario Bros. Which is to say IDGAF. A better analog would probably be - again - Phantasy Star Online. I've dumped, I don't know 200 or 300 hours into PSO over the years and I don't think I could tell you anything about the game's story. It's just not why I'm playing such a game.
Image
User avatar
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7510
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Henderson, North Carolina

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

by ElkinFencer10 Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:48 am

Yeah, definitely a taste difference. And I'm still very salty and biased against Destiny because of the on-disc DLC bullshit. Very rarely do I not care about story in a game. It's pretty much only shmups and platformers where I can overlook a lack of story, and even in those, it's a MAJOR plus in my book if there's an interesting storyline (which is part of why I rated Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype so highly on my blog).
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Image
User avatar
fastbilly1
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13646
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:08 pm

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

by fastbilly1 Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:20 pm

noiseredux wrote:I've dumped, I don't know 200 or 300 hours into PSO over the years and I don't think I could tell you anything about the game's story.

You are hired to to investigate what went wrong on the colony. Turns out Dark Falz is afoot (surprise surprise).
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 23006
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

by dsheinem Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:48 am

anyone else excited to jump in to the beta today? I hope to sink as many hours into it as possible this week :D
User avatar
foxhound1022
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: The mean streets of SouthTown

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

by foxhound1022 Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:39 pm

Already tried out the new subclasses. Sentinel Titan is awesome. The new weapon types/tiers will take some getting used to, but it's all good so far.

That rally shield ability comes in really handy too if you're pinned down in a corner.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38008
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

by noiseredux Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:52 am

so is anybody playing Destiny 2 on Xbox One?

Is anyone planning to play Destiny 2 on PC at launch?

My instinct is to play on PC because it means I'll finally get to play some Destiny with keyboard and mouse. Though I'm curious if either the Xbox or PC will have a community of folks I know playing which could potentially tip my interest further one way or the other.
Image
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 23006
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

by dsheinem Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:57 am

noiseredux wrote:so is anybody playing Destiny 2 on Xbox One?

Is anyone planning to play Destiny 2 on PC at launch?

My instinct is to play on PC because it means I'll finally get to play some Destiny with keyboard and mouse. Though I'm curious if either the Xbox or PC will have a community of folks I know playing which could potentially tip my interest further one way or the other.


I'm playing on PS4. I will also play on PC, most likely.
Return to Other Genres

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests