Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
SpaceBooger

Re: Destiny 2 coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 in Sept 2017 !!!

Post by SpaceBooger »

This article expresses my concerns about buying the game as a father of 4, soon to be 5 any day now, a coach, cub scout leader, soccer parent, and teacher.
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/09/18/dest ... e-a-parent
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

SpaceBooger wrote:This article expresses my concerns about buying the game as a father of 4, soon to be 5 any day now, a coach, cub scout leader, soccer parent, and teacher.

I can tell you that I played Destiny long after release, and long after any of my friends were still playing it. And I loved it. And knowing you, and your feelings toward PSO, I think you'll love Destiny (2) just fine no matter how much time you allocated, or how you choose to approach it.

I did end up getting it on Xbox at a nice price. I've got a lot going on tonight, so I doubt I'll get to dive in yet but will be doing so ASAP.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

SpaceBooger wrote:This article expresses my concerns about buying the game as a father of 4, soon to be 5 any day now, a coach, cub scout leader, soccer parent, and teacher.

counterpoint:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/19/16334 ... l-beginner
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

started playing last night, though I'm also juggling my Madden season. I'm redoing the opening mission stuff that I've already done in the demo, though luckily I was able to keep the character I created in the demo.

EDIT: Actually, wait. This might actually be my character from Destiny 1. Hmm.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Ok, Noise I preordered it through Amazon.

For all the players out there if I'm getting this on the PC should I play this with KB/Mouse or XboxOne controller?
AND Since I suck at FPS games what FPS (PC) should I practice with (Borderlands, Wolfenstein, etc...)?
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

on PC I'd definitely suggest kb/m. Unless you're just not going to be comfortable. Practice with Borderlands. It's actually a somewhat similar experience as far as how the game is laid out (hub w/ missions, co-op, etc).

As for me, I finished the opening solo stuff to get to The Farm last night and then played a few story missions. When I looked at the clock and realized that time was missing I was like "yup this is Destiny alright" - and then I was like "or else I was abducted by UFO's."
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

SpaceBooger wrote:For all the players out there if I'm getting this on the PC should I play this with KB/Mouse or XboxOne controller?
AND Since I suck at FPS games what FPS (PC) should I practice with (Borderlands, Wolfenstein, etc...)?

In general, KB/Mouse if you can for FPS - while I haven't played the Destiny 2 tests on PC, articles seem to indicate that it's not an exception to that.

While I'm not sure if there's anything that 100% matches the controls and style, I'd say to practice with a game that maps the right mouse to aim/iron sights since that's what Destiny does. It's something that a lot of more modern FPS do, including the ones you mentioned, but it's not universal.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I still dont believe it.

And it is the first game that will not run on my cpu...
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Loving this game so hard. I'm lvl 7 right now.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

so right now I feel like Destiny 2 is strong GOTY candidate. I haven't played the new XCOM 2 expansion yet, but OMG is this game amazing.