fastbilly1
Site Admin

Fire Pro World

Post by fastbilly1 »

Who else is hyped:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTjfkQlql2g

First Firepro on PC and will be on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/564230/
We can only hope for Workshop integration.

Firepro is a long running Japanese wrestling simulation. With a super indepth Create A Wrestler (CAW) system. Allowing you to create pretty much any wrestler from history. I am a huge fan of D on the Dreamcast and Advance on the GBA, but Returns on the PS2 gave us 8 player battles. World looks like Returns with more options and on PC. Pretty much the best possible solution.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Re: Fire Pro World

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Yes sir and I predict this will be the first Steam game I put a ton of hours into. I think I have at least 15 friends (on the internet - or through twitter) that are gaga for this.

I need the customs and current NJPW roster. They confirmed that Kenny Omega's One-winged angel is in the game.

I was first exposed to the JP PSX game that I had a burn of. I missed the Dreamcast game, but did get the PS2 one (still shrink-wrapped :/). I may break the digital version out on PS3 (think i paid $3 for it) in advance.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I want 80s and 90s greats. Let me have the goth Undertaker and American Badass Undertaker try to take on Andre the Giant.
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

I played the Dreamcast game to death back in the day. I'll definitely pick this up since I'll be getting back into Steam shortly.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

How the hell did I only just find out about this!? I have been clamouring for a new Fire Pro game for years. There were petitions and all sorts.

It's awesome news! I would love a console release (Edit: Oh ok, it's coming out on PS4), but Steam will suffice. I've lost count of how many hours I spent playing D on the Dreamcast and Returns on the PS2.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

So the Early Access version is out on Steam. Anyone picked it up? Thoughts?

As a side comment, I do love the series, but I've only played D and Returns and this game looks very similar to those. What 'enhancements' and additions do they actually make to new entries in this series? They all look very samey, much as I love them.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Havent played it yet.

My view of Firepro is that they got the perfect format down on the Dreamcast and just add more stuff each time.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

fastbilly1 wrote:Havent played it yet.

My view of Firepro is that they got the perfect format down on the Dreamcast and just add more stuff each time.

Fair enough. I just wasn't sure since I've only ever owned D on the Dreamcast and Returns on the PS3, and I didn't really notice much of a difference between the two. Now with World, again I can't really see what's changed and/or new. It looks more or less the same again.

it just seems odd to me that the WWE series gets criticised for slowly building on the same foundation every year, but Fire Pro gets a free pass when it takes them years between entries... But the gameplay is so damn good (and the WWE series is so crappy), I can understand it. Maybe I'm being ignorant and don't realise the amount of additions between each game.

Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

Reprise wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:Havent played it yet.

Fair enough. I just wasn't sure since I've only ever owned D on the Dreamcast and Returns on the PS3, and I didn't really notice much of a difference between the two. Now with World, again I can't really see what's changed and/or new. It looks more or less the same again.

it just seems odd to me that the WWE series gets criticised for slowly building on the same foundation every year, but Fire Pro gets a free pass when it takes them years between entries... But the gameplay is so damn good (and the WWE series is so crappy), I can understand it. Maybe I'm being ignorant and don't realise the amount of additions between each game.

Well there are unlimited EDIT slots this time for starters which essentially means it can be kept up to date for ever, online multiplayer, an actual pin button...

Yes it's pretty much just an updated version of Returns but it's essentially finally handing the much loved engine over to the fans and allowing them complete customization which is all a lot of people ever really wanted.