The DOOM Thread

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
MrPopo

Re: The DOOM Thread

Post by MrPopo »

Ack wrote:So anyone checked out Doom 4 Vanilla yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkoTL8tH_90

I want to sincerely thank you for sharing this with me. This is how I'll be spending this evening.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Oh wow, that looks awesome! I'll definitely have to try it out. Thanks for sharing!
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Yeah, that looks amazing. I definitely need to give it a go.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Doom 64 (Switch) will be preorder bonus for Doom Eternal (all platforms). Also Doom Eternal has been delayed to March 2020. I hope I can swing both this and FFVII Remake that month!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

bmoc wrote:Doom 64 (Switch) will be preorder bonus for Doom Eternal (all platforms). Also Doom Eternal has been delayed to March 2020. I hope I can swing both this and FFVII Remake that month!

I wonder how much Doom 64 will be on its own. I and II were like $5 right? But 3 was $10 I think? I was kind of hoping we'd get a physical collection of the four retro Dooms.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Not sure about the cost but I imagine there will be lots of cheap download codes to scoop up from those that preorder and don't have a Switch.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

bmoc wrote:Not sure about the cost but I imagine there will be lots of cheap download codes to scoop up from those that preorder and don't have a Switch.

Doom 64 is multi-platform now. Also it has been delayed until March to coincide with Doom Eternal.

I have no idea why they had to delay Doom 64. Did they seriously just delay it so they could make adding it as a preorder bonus more attractive?
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Yes, that's why they would do that.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I would love to just play DOOM 64 on the... N64, and I even own a copy. But it's just too damn dark. I've come across Game Shark codes that supposedly increase the brightness, but I've never noticed any of them actually doing anything.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Ziggy587 wrote:I would love to just play DOOM 64 on the... N64, and I even own a copy. But it's just too damn dark. I've come across Game Shark codes that supposedly increase the brightness, but I've never noticed any of them actually doing anything.

The dark image is quite frustrating. I crank the brightness in the game menu and on my TV's menu. When I first got Doom 64 last year I thought there was something wrong with my cables, since I had just got new a S-Video cable at the same time.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328