Am I the only one who royally sucks at baseball games?

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Re: Am I the only one who royally sucks at baseball games?

Post by Omerta »

Those games are pretty rough. They're originally arcade games so they have a slant toward whipping you fast and taking your quarters.

Something a bit newer or geared toward realism seems to be more legit for learning the actual game.

Also, the Mario baseball games might have a gentler learning curve (plus a bunch of wacky gameplay features added).
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
Betagam7
128-bit

Re: Am I the only one who royally sucks at baseball games?

Post by Betagam7 »

Ack wrote:Have you tried many sports games in general? I'm curious. On the NGPC, I was an enormous fan of Pocket Tennis Color, but similar tennis games on other consoles can give me a hard time, such as Super Tennis for the SNES.

Baseball games are the only ones I've ever struggled with. I own most of the NGPC sports titles and, again, this is the only one giving me trouble.

ElkinFencer10, I expect I'd struggle with Cricket too. I tried watching it once in the presence of a fanatical South African cricket fan. I had no idea what it was all about.

Well, to update my progress with Baseball Stars I finally hit a home run last night although I've no idea why or how! I was 5-0 up with only two rounds left...then my pitchers suddenly couldn't curl the ball anymore and I lost 7-5! :twisted:

I again tried using my super substitute ("pinch special") and he again did the burning fancy animation...then was immediately caught out! Do I need to look more carefully at the ordering of my players? Or keep the best pitchers for later in the game or something? I don't know why they suddenly couldn't curl the ball.