Overwatch (the thread of the game)

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Overwatch (the thread of the game)

Post by alienjesus »

MrPopo wrote:Zenyatta is a DPSer who can heal. His orbs do good damage and can headshot and Discord orb is a major damage boost. His healing is pretty low; the only healing rate lower is non-amped Lucio and Lucio heals an area.

Ana is fantastic in terms of the numbers game, but she's also the hardest to play well as you need to learn the arc of the grenade and be a good shot to be able to keep people up. She's amazing for tanks; a D.Va with a pocket Ana is neigh immortal.

The thing that's got me most excited about Origa is it might be a second tank that can be the true center of a spearpoint. Right now that's really only Reinhart if no Ults are up. D.Va's matrix is more about picking off individual threats at strategic intervals. Hog is just about getting a pick, and Zarya is a front line fighter who wants to take damage on her bubble and can also bubble others to save them. She does some scary damage when she's got a charge. And Winston is much more about backline harassment. So having a second "Here's a shield you guys can get behind while we push in" hero is pretty major.

I think she might be even more significant because she gives you another chance to handle Roadhog, who is my pick for the most horrible character to deal with on an enemy team. Hiding behind shields is crucial, and the tediously slow nature of a reinhardt sheild, couple with being bunched up and easy pickings for ults or pharah's rockets makes it a choice between the team being wiped by an ult or the team being picked off one by one by a hog. Having a projected barrier to allow your team to advance on roadhog quicker seems like a godsend to me.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I tend to fear Pharah most when I see her on an enemy team. A good Pharah can totally wreck you, and do so with great mobility.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

noiseredux wrote:I tend to fear Pharah most when I see her on an enemy team. A good Pharah can totally wreck you, and do so with great mobility.

76 + low DPS on your mouse and you can drop her pretty easier, even when she has a Mercy on her hip, you can drop them both pretty quick.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I gave Ana a try. It didn't not go well. But she is cool. I just don't have her figured out yet, in the sense that if anybody got up close it was pretty much over. But I could see myself giving her more time.

Pretty sure the new character patch drops today?
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

noiseredux wrote:I gave Ana a try. It didn't not go well. But she is cool. I just don't have her figured out yet, in the sense that if anybody got up close it was pretty much over. But I could see myself giving her more time.

Pretty sure the new character patch drops today?

Ana's recent nerfs make her far less effective offensively, much harder for new players to pick her up and learn.

Orisa is now live, not she is not playable in competitive just yet.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I only play Quick Match anyway. I'm only level 23 right now.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

PvE event going on now through May 1st. Anyone planning to check it out?
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I had some good games of it yesterday. I'm apparently better at PvE then I am at PVP, as I got play of the game about 2/3rds of the time.

The difficulty spike between difficulties is serious though. Normal was a breeze - we had a match where I played Mercy and mainly used the gun - I narrowly beat Reinhardt to the bronze medal for most kills :lol: On hard mode though, we had some issues - mainly when defending the payload before it starts moving.

I enjoyed getting in some Tracer practice too, even if it's not the same as real players. I've been trying to practice getting closer and going for headshots.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

correct me if I'm wrong, but this event has set teams? Meaning, only certain heroes can be played right?
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

noiseredux wrote:correct me if I'm wrong, but this event has set teams? Meaning, only certain heroes can be played right?

The main mode of it has a set team of Tracer, Reinhardt, Torbjorn and Mercy. There's another version in the Arcade which seems to let you choose whoever you like, but I haven't played that yet. If it does do that, I imagine a team with Junkrat and Pharah could probably wreck shop.