Overwatch (the thread of the game)

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Overwatch (the thread of the game)

Post by noiseredux »

okay, I made an effort to play some other heroes last night. I definitely prefer Ana to Mercy for healing. Her sniper rifle is effective - though slower between shots than I'd like - but that healing/killing grenade is awesome.

I'm also loving the Halloween loot boxes right now. Haha.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

noiseredux wrote:okay, I made an effort to play some other heroes last night. I definitely prefer Ana to Mercy for healing. Her sniper rifle is effective - though slower between shots than I'd like - but that healing/killing grenade is awesome.

I'm also loving the Halloween loot boxes right now. Haha.

Useful things to know about Ana if you don't already (I assume you do, but hey, it never hurts to be sure!)

1. Allies hit with the grenades have their healing boosted for a short time after, whereas enemies hit with it are prevented from healing for a while. The grenade can help take down a tank busting reaper, bulky roadhog or ulting zenyatta nice and quick. T

2. When shooting from the hip, Ana's gun is projectile based, so it pays to aim slightly ahead of your target. When scoped, it becomes hitscan, so you want to point it right at the target instead. Scoped shots leave a white trail that shows people where you are though, so if you want to stay a bit stealthier, shooting from the hip makes the enemy less aware of you.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

1. Yeah, that's one thing I really liked about it. I could be using the grenade to heal one moment, and then using it to help take out a much larger enemy the next. This flexibility really makes Ana feel like a truly "support" character versus just "a healer."

I forgot to mention that her sleep dart thingy is totally helpful as well. I was able to put a couple of ulting dudes to sleep this way.

2. Good info - thank you. I didn't realize that the shot was differently projected one way or the other. And totally didn't realize that scoping was going to broadcast where I'm at. Definitely good to know should I want to perch and snipe.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

this Halloween Event really sucked me in this month. Dammit, I love Overwatch.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

shit, new hero Moira arrived today. I don't really want a reason to start playing Overwatch again every night. :\
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Winter Wonderland event starts tomorrow, 12/12.

MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Have you caught any of the Overwatch League matches yet noise? They set up a bunch of viewing spaces around campus here last Thursday so we could watch.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I've seen some of the highlight reels, but that's it. I don't really watch much "other people playing games" in general, though.

PS: If anyone is looking to get into Overwatch, it's on sale for $30 at GS and Best Buy right now.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

so the holiday event's arcade mode is basically Evolve... Five Mei's against one abominable Winston.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I hit level 50 on Xbox One last night. 8)

Winter Wonderland has been fun. Some cool skins, etc. I've got a pretty awesome winning pose for D.Va that has her draped in Christmas lights, haha.

I've been mixing it up hero-wise as well. While D.Va and Soldier 76 are still my favorites, I've tried to at least have some other picks I can work with decently. I like Rein for straight tanking. That shield is super helpful for pushing. I actually like Sombra a lot as a secondary damage pick. The hacking can be good, and her guns hit hard. And the addition of Moira has meant I've finally found a healer that I enjoy using. That's a big plus.