Overwatch (the thread of the game)

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Blu
Next-Gen

Re: Overwatch (the thread of the game)

Post by Blu »

Nah it's fine now -- been on all evening. I think like a 20 minute delay.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Blu wrote:Nah it's fine now -- been on all evening. I think like a 20 minute delay.

Yeah, all good now! I was DC'ing a bit in the early games played a solid 15 or so with no issues.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I played 3 hours with no issues.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I totally intended to play "about an hour" of Overwatch and then finally start up Skyrim. Well, Skyrim never happened. I did get to play a couple rounds w/ Popo and then later a few w/ Blu. This game is definitely addictive.

I played a lot of Mercy during the beta, but when I attempted to use her in an actual game against humans it turns out I'm terrible. I ended up playing a lot of Tracer instead and having fun with her. I don't want to get too in the "rut" of sticking to a single character for too long, though.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

noiseredux wrote:I totally intended to play "about an hour" of Overwatch and then finally start up Skyrim. Well, Skyrim never happened. I did get to play a couple rounds w/ Popo and then later a few w/ Blu. This game is definitely addictive.

I played a lot of Mercy during the beta, but when I attempted to use her in an actual game against humans it turns out I'm terrible. I ended up playing a lot of Tracer instead and having fun with her. I don't want to get too in the "rut" of sticking to a single character for too long, though.

I played some with popo and blu as well, I think you were occupied when we invited you.

Interesting you selected Tracer, as it seems she is one of the tougher characters to use.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Jmustang1968 wrote:Interesting you selected Tracer, as it seems she is one of the tougher characters to use.

I went w/ her based on speed and mobility. And I'm enjoying her.

I'll probably try Widowmaker next, as she's the only one w/ a scope and I tend to prefer sniping in most other FPS games.

But I mean I've still only even tried a handful of characters so far.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Lucio all the way man. I really enjoy support and defensive characters. Them heals!
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Blu wrote:Lucio all the way man. I really enjoy support and defensive characters. Them heals!

Yeah, we were missing your heals when you left us last night!

I really like Pharah, Reinhardt, Roadhog, and Bastion.

I have yet to play a support character.

I have not done well with Genji or Hanzo.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Jmustang1968 wrote:
Blu wrote:Lucio all the way man. I really enjoy support and defensive characters. Them heals!

Yeah, we were missing your heals when you left us last night!

I really like Pharah, Reinhardt, Roadhog, and Bastion.

I have yet to play a support character.

I have not done well with Genji or Hanzo.

I'll be on tonight for sure. I'm always up for a few games with some premade groups.

I'm with you that Genji is hard. Hanzo's ultimate is tricky to me, and all the people I've faced have been really good with either Genji or Hanzo. Roadhog is infuriating with his hook.

Can we all just take a minute though to appreciate how good last night's launch was? Like a 15 minute delay on getting the servers live, and then great all last night. Such a huge improvement compared to Diablo III and WoW expanisons -- probably helped to have a huge beta weekend a couple weeks beforehand. Makes me feel great about getting the new franchise off the ground.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

If I'm with a random team I'll usually go Mercy on offense and Symmetra on defense. Usually supports are the last to go. But I also rock Pharah and D.Va when I can get some offensive beats in.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.