Visual Novels

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Visual Novels

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:The NDS port of the first Phoenix Wright game is the best VN of all time. List is invalid.

I actually didn't realize that the Phoenix Wright games originated on the GBA until very recently. I still have yet to play them. I assume they're more "adventure" than (pure) visual novel? The VNDB has them listed as "borderline" games.
https://vndb.org/d15

pierrot wrote:Image

Extraordinarily rare Pepe. Can't believe you posted it without asking for compensation.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Anyone notice this?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/se ... ys-rewrite

Key is a based developer. All of the characters in this one look like little girls though.........
Ack

Post by Ack »

I think I'm misreading what you wrote. Not our Key, right?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

lol "Key" is the name of a classic VN developer from Japan. They made Clannad which is one of the highest-rated VNs ever.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Baldr Sky and True Love '95 (!!!!!) both showed up on Steam today. You absolutely love to see it.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

WHO'S PLAYIN VNS IN 2020
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:WHO'S PLAYIN VNS IN 2020

ME!

I actually just finished up Kino no Tabi II on the PS2. At lest, I finished one of the routes. There's still four of the novel chapters that I didn't unlock, because they're part of different routes on the adventure parts. I kind of liked the adventure route that I got, though, and don't really feel like going through it a bunch more. All the novel sections are just chapters from the serialized light novels (a number of which I've read before) with voiced dialog/narration, and accompanying CG/BGM, so it's not like I'm missing out on much. There are a few mini-games in the adventure sections, but the one mini-game that showed up in the route I did was kind of annoying, anyway, so I don't see it as much of an incentive.
chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

I started Muv Luv Extra on Vita. I gotta say though - so far it doesn’t hold a candle to Steins; Gate.

To be fair I’m only 4 hours in but I feel like I still don’t really understand the plot, nor am I taken by any characters. I have had a few chuckles but I want more.

I’m going to stick with it. I know everyone says Alternative is life altering.

I’m also interested to play the new Steins; Gate divergent paths that were released a few months ago.

I got all endings for Steins; Gate and S;G 0. Loved the anime as well. Even made my wife watch AND SHE LIKED IT!
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Muv-Luv Alternative is like 1000 times better than the first (which I also obviously enjoyed, for the record). Comparing Muv-Luv to its sequel is like comparing the original Final Fantasy to Final Fantasy VI. Or Mario Bros. arcade to Super Mario World. The first Muv-Luv can admittedly be tedious. The entire game is a bunch of foreshadowing and character/plot building that leads to Alternative.

If you don't care about all the endings to Muv-Luv....
You have to get the Sumika and Meiya endings to finish "Extra" (first half of the game). It's fairly easy, just consistently show affection towards someone to end up with their ending.

I'm going to start Steins;Gate soon myself. It's the second-highest rated VN on the Visual Novel Database...... After Muv-Luv Alternative. :lol:

pierrot wrote:Kino no Tabi II

Looks cute.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
pierrot wrote:Kino no Tabi II

Looks cute.

:lol: Well, looks can be deceiving, I guess.
The first novel chapter involves the story of the original Kino, who was basically murdered by a mob, while trying to keep the twelve-year-old version of the "Kino" on the packaging from being killed by her father for suggesting that she might not want to get the brain surgery that would make her into an "adult."

Then, in a later chapter, after a few years, she takes the original Kino's coat to the country he was born in, and is basically forced into assisting in his mother's suicide when she's being strangled by her after having her tea drugged.

Also, there's a character called Shizu, who has his own wild backstory, who travels to a country with legal slave trade. There he meets a young girl who basically makes it her mission to be bought by him, even though she's the only source of income her family has from all the low-class labor she does. Turns out, she was deathly ill, and makes Shizu kill her just after they leave the country.

--but yeah, I'd say she's definitely waifu material, if that's what you meant.