Resident Evil series appreciation thread

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
MrPopo

Re: Resident Evil series appreciation thread

Post by MrPopo »

More bullets and fast reload before you get the speed loader. But I'm not bothering to use them for now; maybe in the B story. I started the game and just did my first pass through the west side of the police station on Claire's story.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

bmoc wrote:So I was just reading up on all the available weapons and found out that I have DLC guns for preordering RE2. The code was stuck in my junk mail. Upon inspection, it doesn't look like I missed much. Maybe just a little extra magazine capacity in the early game?

Extra weapons and the unlocks appear in the item box when redeemed/unlocked. I'm guessing it'd be the Samurai Edge (Albert Model). Not missing anything major. The normal weapons end up superior with the attachments.

Both characters have a new weapon on the 2nd run, another pistol that uses .45 ACP rounds. Claire's is a cool little fast revolver. Not a huge fan of them though and it's another ammo type to manage, second runs seem to force these to be used a bit more than the normal handguns.

I'm loving all the extra costumes, I wish Ada got some too though! Give me the red dress!
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Xeogred wrote:
bmoc wrote:So I was just reading up on all the available weapons and found out that I have DLC guns for preordering RE2. The code was stuck in my junk mail. Upon inspection, it doesn't look like I missed much. Maybe just a little extra magazine capacity in the early game?

Extra weapons and the unlocks appear in the item box when redeemed/unlocked. I'm guessing it'd be the Samurai Edge (Albert Model). Not missing anything major. The normal weapons end up superior with the attachments.

Both characters have a new weapon on the 2nd run, another pistol that uses .45 ACP rounds. Claire's is a cool little fast revolver. Not a huge fan of them though and it's another ammo type to manage, second runs seem to force these to be used a bit more than the normal handguns.

I'm loving all the extra costumes, I wish Ada got some too though! Give me the red dress!

If you switch to their version of the classic PS1 costumes Ada gets her red dress.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

So I got a bit further in Claire A, past her boss fight, and received a "nice" surprise. And now I really really hope they do a remake of RE3, because we need HD STAAAARRRRRSSSSS!!!!!
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

He better say that in REmake 3!

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If you switch to their version of the classic PS1 costumes Ada gets her red dress.

Oh, I meant her sexy long dress from RE4. :P

Turning on alternative costumes just has her without the Inspector Gadget coat from her early appearances. She covers up Leon with this after he takes the bullet--- OMG 1998 SPOILERS! :lol:
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I have to say, the shift to Sherry's segment in Hardcore sucks, because there's no auto save (because Hardcore) and you don't know it's coming and you have no reason to think you should save right beforehand; as far as you can tell you've just opened an area that will have the next key item to open a thing.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

You're not wrong, but you get a chance to save with Sherry before the chase. Should be one ink ribbon on a shelf before you try and reach for the key. I didn't like the chase segment at all until I got it down, but I don't mind it now. All I remember from OG RE2 is her climbing through some of those vents and stuff haha, so the orphanage was a cool change.

FYI, the Ada segment seems a bit more blatant and easier to predict. After going through some of the sewers as Leon with her around you'll end up in a small typewriter room with a gated door, a door that looks like one you'd normally be able to simply push forward on and open, but you have to hit a button to trigger the cutscene and everything.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Xeogred wrote:You're not wrong, but you get a chance to save with Sherry before the chase. Should be one ink ribbon on a shelf before you try and reach for the key. I didn't like the chase segment at all until I got it down, but I don't mind it now. All I remember from OG RE2 is her climbing through some of those vents and stuff haha, so the orphanage was a cool change.

Wow, I definitely didn't notice that typewriter. I'll have to remember that, since I really don't want to use an ink ribbon with Claire at this point; I feel like there's a bit more exploration I could do before I reach a point of "ok, now I need to lock this in."
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Really glad that Sherry typewriter was there; that section just has too much trial and error in it. Once you learn the pattern it isn't hard, but you have to do a lot of precise "go here, now go here."

Now I'm raging on the second Birkin fight, because that fucker always grabs me at just the wrong moment. And you gotta do the thing three times on hardcore.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

That's a tough fight. Especially annoying how he can sometimes land on you when you're both jumping down to the platform at the start. I think flash bangs helped a lot here.

It's ludicrous how the bosses and X are SLOWER on standard. I've been playing standard runs now to mop up some other trophies and unlocks, man it's hilarious how different this experience is. On Hardcore it felt like whenever X was around or I was fighting any fight with G, if I flinched to look backwards or took a wrong turn at any point they were going to nail me from behind, always on my ass. On standard you can kind of just run around on cruise control and take your time, lmao.

I was able to get a 2:43 Standard run down today with Leon B, so I got an S rank (-3:00) and unlocked the Infinite Samurai Edge. I actually got 3:06 on this run initially, but I had a save before the labs at 2:15 or something and was really able to speedrun that part after routing it a bit further. Huge time saves haha. And honestly the later G3 fight seem a bit easier than G2 since you're loaded with more ammo/gunpowder if you managed things well up to that point and you have so much more space in this battle. The true ending final boss seems like a gimmie again too, I really don't know if you can actually lose or not yet, knocked it out easily on my first Leon/Claire B runs.

Once I knock out the remaining trophies, I don't know if I want to touch anything under Hardcore again.