Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Resident Evil series appreciation thread

Post by Xeogred »

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I can't stick to scheduled gaming anymore. I just play whatever I'm in the mood to play in the moment. I do plan to get back to RE7 though. Seriously. Sometime.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Revelations and Revelations 2 have been announced for the Switch.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/1/160750 ... lease-date

I've been (slowly) playing Rev2 again, co-op with my wife. We actually played a couple of hours this past weekend. But, I never did get around to playing the first Revelations. I do own it on Steam from a Capcom bundle, though I could totally see myself grabbing it for the Switch just to have some portable RE in my life.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Portable RE games.... Me likey.

Now port over RE7, Capcom. You can do it. I believe in you*.

*Well, at least I'm hopefully optimistic about you
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

more details via USGamer:

For the Switch release Capcom will be releasing a physical version called the Resident Evil Revelations Collection, which will include a cartridge for the first Resident Evil Revelations game as well as a voucher for a digital version of Revelations 2. The physical version will be priced at $39.99 while both games will be available digitally for $19.99 each.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

noiseredux wrote:
... will include a cartridge for the first Resident Evil Revelations game as well as a voucher for a digital version of Revelations 2....

Boooo. Excitement dwindling.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

haha. I mean it's kind of weird, yeah. But whatever. It's still two games for $40, which is cool. Admittedly, I'm a lot more used to digital games than you are at this point. To be honest, it's still weird to me when I have to remember to "put a game in" a system now. Haha. At any rate, since the first Revelations is the one I'd most likely be playing on the Switch anyway, I'm fine either way.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

It's not so much that I'm against the idea of digital (I have digital games! I do!), I just think that's a really weird way to do it.

I realized there may likely be size restrictions due to the carts, but why put one on the cart and and make the other digital? Why not just sell them separately? I mean, I like the idea of a 'collection,' but I'd rather save that memory space for other, smaller games, not one that's likely going to take up a huge chunk all in one go. The Switch doesn't have 1TB of storage like the other consoles do, after all. It's too early to force me to buy another memory card* :lol:

*My sympathies to Vita fans
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

yeah I hear you. If it is a space thing* (my guess) then I'd have thought that you could include two carts and charge like $50 for the collection or something. I don't know. Or two separate releases for $30 each?

At any rate... RE... to go! Yeah!

*Does Switch use standard micro SD cards? I hadn't looked into it yet since I still only own one game so far.