The Racketboy Golf (Game) Club

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: The Racketboy Golf (Game) Club

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Tanooki wrote:
Super Swing Golf 1 is down right unplayable as the motion controls are so inconsistent you just can't play it. I have no idea if the sequel was better but I don't remember anyone rating it really high either so probably not. Tiger Woods was the best because it properly used the motion controls and the balance board and copied a swing about as good as you could get. We Love Golf rated pretty well, Camelot I think made it so it's basically Hot Shots with (optional?) motion controls and an overall good setup. Wii Sports, easy to look up that one and you could just download the one day trial Nintendo has out there and experiment.

Yeah Super Swing Golf 2 is not any better. My older brother had zero problem with the controls, but for me, I can't hit the ball with any consistency. I just recently fired it up and it is unplayably difficult.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Tanooki wrote:Super Swing Golf 1 is down right unplayable as the motion controls are so inconsistent you just can't play it. I have no idea if the sequel was better but I don't remember anyone rating it really high either so probably not.

It's interesting that you write that. Super Sing Golf received very solid reviews from both amateur and "professional" video game critics, and I think that golf is one of the few gaming genres where motion controls work exceptionally well. It was also developed by the team behing the Pangya! fantasy golf games, which are much beloved on this forum. That said, I have not spent much time with the game; so, I cannot speak to its quality, however.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
Tanooki wrote:Super Swing Golf 1 is down right unplayable as the motion controls are so inconsistent you just can't play it. I have no idea if the sequel was better but I don't remember anyone rating it really high either so probably not.

It's interesting that you write that. Super Sing Golf received very solid reviews from both amateur and "professional" video game critics, and I think that golf is one of the few gaming genres where motion controls work exceptionally well. It was also developed by the team behing the Pangya! fantasy golf games, which are much beloved on this forum. That said, I have not spent much time with the game; so, I cannot speak to its quality, however.

Super Swing is literally Pangya. It is the same characters, same universe and if you hit it just right they still yell out, "PANGYA!" I have honestly tried again and again to get the controlers right, but every time they fly off in the most oddball of directions. I feel it is impossible to play and I have spent hours practicing and trying to get it right.

Still love the Pangya games though as I have been playing more and more of Pangya Online!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

So PangYa is Korean, huh? Just realized that.

Got the PSP game a few days ago. Pretty cool so far. My wife asked if it was "Hentai Golf."
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

BoneSnapDeez wrote:So PangYa is Korean, huh? Just realized that.

Got the PSP game a few days ago. Pretty cool so far. My wife asked if it was "Hentai Golf."

Come play Pangya online on your PC! You know you want to! Be cool and play with Noise! Don't you want to be cool!? I know you do! I'm not desperate at all! Honest!

retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

ExedExes wrote:I'd count Kirby's Dream Course only because it's many different types of awesome.

Definitely on our mini-golf sub genre list. Such a unique game.

https://retrosportsgamer.wordpress.com/ ... eam-sport/

What other unique mini-golf titles are out there?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

not a golf game proper, but I remember there being mini golf courses in one of the Rugrats games on PS1 that was pretty fun.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

The Monkey Golf minigame on Super Monkey Ball (Gamecube).

How could I forget that.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
meat
64-bit

Post by meat »

http://www.amazon.com/TV-Games-Deluxe-G ... B004S572PE
Is this the good golden tee golf verison??
Does snk arcade classic vol 1 for wii have classic controller support?
youtube@gamingtrucker1
twitter@gamingtrucker1
twitch@gamingtrucker1
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

SNK Arcade Classics does have classic controller support.