The Racketboy Golf (Game) Club

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Re: The Racketboy Golf (Game) Club

Post by FerretGamer »

retrosportsgamer wrote:That's the one. Was a big holiday push four years ago, they seem to have a lot of stock left over. Good price.

Ordered. :)

Should be fun with some Fireball and friends or maybe just with the wife. :wink: :oops:
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:How are the various mini-golf games on the Wii? I see them all the time, but I have never tried any of them. (I have not even tried my $1 copy of King of Clubs.) If they are pretty good - and not too expensive - I may have to consider adding some of them to my collection.

Currently, Wii golf collection consists of:

King of Clubs
Super Swing Golf!
Super Swing Golf! Season 2
Tiger Woods PGA Tour '12: The Masters
We Love Golf
Wii Sports

I can't speak to any other Wii titles but i'm also pretty interested. We Love Golf and Tiger '11 are on my want list right now. Tiger Woods '12 for the Wii is a pretty pricey game. Nice stash there. I would have guessed they didn't make that for the Wii but there you go!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

retrosportsgamer wrote:I can't speak to any other Wii titles but i'm also pretty interested. We Love Golf and Tiger '11 are on my want list right now. Tiger Woods '12 for the Wii is a pretty pricey game. Nice stash there. I would have guessed they didn't make that for the Wii but there you go!

I am not sure about print run, but it is my understanding that the Balance Board support(!), Wii Motion+ controls, and extra modes make it one of the best golf games on any system (even if it lacks the HD visuals found in its PS3 and Xbox 360 counterparts). Accordingly, I think that the Wii version is the most sought-after version of that game.

I also think it helps that "The Masters" logo is featured more prominently in the game's title than "Tiger Woods PGA Tour" logo.
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

FerretGamer wrote:Mario Golf for Gameboy Color and Mario Golf Advance Tour are fantastic. They both are essentially golf RPGs.

Mario Golf for 3DS is also A+, every bit as good as those two
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
retrosportsgamer wrote:I can't speak to any other Wii titles but i'm also pretty interested. We Love Golf and Tiger '11 are on my want list right now. Tiger Woods '12 for the Wii is a pretty pricey game. Nice stash there. I would have guessed they didn't make that for the Wii but there you go!

I am not sure about print run, but it is my understanding that the Balance Board support(!), Wii Motion+ controls, and extra modes make it one of the best golf games on any system (even if it lacks the HD visuals found in its PS3 and Xbox 360 counterparts). Accordingly, I think that the Wii version is the most sought-after version of that game.

I also think it helps that "The Masters" logo is featured more prominently in the game's title than "Tiger Woods PGA Tour" logo.

I'll do a little research too - this came up in the 30 Wii games to play 10 years from now thread - I thought '11 was the one with the most mini games and compatibility, but to be honest - they very well could all be in '12 also.
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

It pains me that so many SNES golf games are so creaky, slow and just a pain in the ass to play. I'd rather play NES Golf than any SNES golf game but that's just me. (Unless you consider Kirby's Dream Course to be some kind of whacked out golf game.)

Always loved the Tiger Woods series, '06 for PS2 being the game I cut my teeth on. I love that even after you over-level your character to hell, there are still some insane courses to play on. I stupidly exchanged that game for TW '10 and I regret it, I like '06 way more.

The Hot Shots Golf series is also really really fun with a great sense of humor too, I love the knock-off Sean Connery caddy. I think GC had a kind of game like this called Swingerz? I remember that being good too.

Man I love golf games though. Mario Golf Advance Tour is my go-to. I love the par-3 course, you can knock out 9 holes anytime you're taking a crap :lol:
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

So Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 has Disc golf (at one time online too) and Mini golf modes but The Masters Tiger PGA Tour 12 is very well received as a simulation. So both are really good and desirable it seems.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

I'd count Kirby's Dream Course only because it's many different types of awesome.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:How are the various mini-golf games on the Wii? I see them all the time, but I have never tried any of them. (I have not even tried my $1 copy of King of Clubs.) If they are pretty good - and not too expensive - I may have to consider adding some of them to my collection.

Currently, Wii golf collection consists of:

King of Clubs
Super Swing Golf!
Super Swing Golf! Season 2
Tiger Woods PGA Tour '12: The Masters
We Love Golf
Wii Sports

Super Swing Golf 1 is down right unplayable as the motion controls are so inconsistent you just can't play it. I have no idea if the sequel was better but I don't remember anyone rating it really high either so probably not. Tiger Woods was the best because it properly used the motion controls and the balance board and copied a swing about as good as you could get. We Love Golf rated pretty well, Camelot I think made it so it's basically Hot Shots with (optional?) motion controls and an overall good setup. Wii Sports, easy to look up that one and you could just download the one day trial Nintendo has out there and experiment.
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

I'd be remiss if I didn't post my all-time best Wii Sports golf score