The Racketboy Golf (Game) Club

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

The Racketboy Golf (Game) Club

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Here's our catch-all thread for video golf game discussion, collecting, favorites, lists, etc.

Hoping over time we can go through different systems and unearth some gems.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: The Racketboy Golf (Game) Club

Post by dsheinem »

Ninja Golf > All other Golf Games
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Post by FerretGamer »

Mario Golf for Gameboy Color and Mario Golf Advance Tour are fantastic. They both are essentially golf RPGs.

The entire Hot Shots Golf series of games are brilliant.

Pangya for PSP is a lot of fun as well.
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Pangya Golf/Super Swing Golf games are awesome. You could also be cool like Noise and I and play Pangya Online for free!

You know you want to be cool....right?...RIGHT!?

Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

FerretGamer wrote:Mario Golf for Gameboy Color and Mario Golf Advance Tour are fantastic. They both are essentially golf RPGs.

I second this. Mario Golf (GBC) is probably my favorite golf game. It taught me a lot about actual golf, and I was shocked at its unbelievably high quality.

If I am just relaxing, however, I will probably pop in HAL Hole-In-One Golf (SNES) or Hot Shots Golf 3 (PS2). HAL Hole-In-One Golf (SNES) is the first golf game I ever loved, and it has probably diverted my attention from other SNES golf games. Moreover, my roommates and I, on lazy college Sunday afternoons, would open a case of beer, throw on some music, and play Hots Shots Golf 3 for hours. Despite the fact that we were very competitive about the game, it was an extremely relaxing way to spend an afternoon.

Finally, I must point out that Golden Tee Golf was ported to the PS1. The port looks just like the game in your local sports bar, but sadly, I do not know anyway to play it with a trackball.
Soldier Blue
128-bit

Post by Soldier Blue »

*Joins Club* I love Golf Games. There are some obscure import ones on the Saturn I've been meaning to check out. I'll let you guys know if there are good.
Racketboy and Seller Feedback: Racketboy +7,
Video Price Charting Store:
https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?se ... rni7irmnam
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Videogolf is sweet. Downloaded Pangya today, but haven't messed with it yet.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Ok, so I'll boil down what I said in the other thread that possibly inspired a thread just for golf game discussion:

HAL's Hole In One - Very easy to get into, simple swing meter, beautiful early Mode 7 effects.

T&E Soft SNES golf games - Very technically advanced for their time, but troublesome swing meters and slow spots in the action bring them down. Wicked 18 is worth checking out.

Mario Golf - fantastic. Link GBA's Advance Tour to Toadstool Tour on the Gamecube to transfer your GBA character.

Neo Turf Masters - probably the best combination of everything good about golf games. If you want more of that, check out Irem Skins Game on the SNES, developed by the same folks who would form Nazca Corporation and make NTM years later.

Fred Couples Golf (Game Gear) - Portable golf that is very easy to get into, also forgiving with your shots.

NES Open Tournament Golf - worthy update of the first NES Golf, swing meter takes a bit of getting used to.

Outlaw Golf (multi platform) - Good except for analog swings and the power meter being a little inaccurate.

Fuji Golf (Windows 3.1) - On one of the old Entertainment Packs. Decent for the time.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Does anyone have any thoughts on Swingerz Golf (NGC) and MecaRobot Golf (SNES)? I am intrigued by both, but I have not spent much time with either of them.

ExedExes wrote:If you want more of that, check out Irem Skins Game on the SNES, developed by the same folks who would form Nazca Corporation and make NTM years later.

Interesting. I did not know that.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Finally, I must point out that Golden Tee Golf was ported to the PS1. The port looks just like the game in your local sports bar, but sadly, I do not know anyway to play it with a trackball.

Do you use the analog stick? I had never heard of a PS1 port - genuinely intrigued here.

I have both Golden Tee plug-n-plays that have came out in the last 4 years or so.

Here's a link to what the home versions played like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvUDlUJI5qo

FWIW - there is a ton to go through when we deep dive into the PS1. Looking forward to it.