RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Ack

Re: What horror game are you playing?

by Ack Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:39 am

Czernobog wrote:I also did a Top 13 horror games video for my Youtube channel for Halloween some of you may find interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUPZm2rDR3Q (Although I know it has a game Ack is a bit adverse to :wink: )

I'm guessing you mean Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare.

Anyway, if you liked Deep Fear, you might also be interested in checking out Carrier on the Dreamcast or Cold Fear on the PS2. Both are poor man's versions of better games(namely Resident Evil and Resident Evil 4), but they're both in the "horror at sea" pseudo sub genre that Deep Fear fits into.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Czernobog
Next-Gen

by Czernobog Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:13 pm

Ack wrote:
Czernobog wrote:I also did a Top 13 horror games video for my Youtube channel for Halloween some of you may find interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUPZm2rDR3Q (Although I know it has a game Ack is a bit adverse to :wink: )

I'm guessing you mean Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare.

You would be guessing correctly!

Ack wrote:Anyway, if you liked Deep Fear, you might also be interested in checking out Carrier on the Dreamcast or Cold Fear on the PS2. Both are poor man's versions of better games(namely Resident Evil and Resident Evil 4), but they're both in the "horror at sea" pseudo sub genre that Deep Fear fits into.

Carrier is on my Dreamcast to get list, but I didn't know about Cold Fear. Somehow the title always made me assume was the PS2 The Thing game, even though it's clearly not. I'll have to check that one out as well!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Thu May 07, 2015 8:20 am

There sure is a lot of horror stuff on the Wii. Anything in particular that stands out?
Rothgor

by Rothgor Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:29 pm

In winter, I played nothing else than Alone in the Dark. Still can't forget the kitchen scenes...
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:24 pm

Xeogred wrote:There sure is a lot of horror stuff on the Wii. Anything in particular that stands out?

I have always been intrigued by Cursed Mountain, and I may try playing through it this October. It is console-exclusive to the Wii; it has such a unique setting; and it received generally positive reviews.
Czernobog
Next-Gen

by Czernobog Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:54 am

Been playing through The 7th Guest. The short FMV scenes are somewhat of a riot. I love how over-the-top some of the actors were, especially the snobby guy. Managed to solve most of the puzzles in the game so far, except the microscope puzzle. It's basically Ataxx or Infection with the AI being damn near perfect. I'm sure I could beat it if I invested a lot of time, but you can technically skip the puzzle so....not subjecting myself.

Also, I don't think I've seen this come up here but there's a game being developed called Slasher Vol 1. Summer Camp, that at the very least I think Noise will want to check out.

Basically, it's a multiplayer game for PS4/XONE/Steam where you and several others try to hide from, outmaneuver, etc. Jason Voorhees. If it's successful the creator wants to make other volumes based on different horror elements/figures. The trailer just nails the atmosphere, but I haven't seen anything in the way of gameplay yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HU-rlr5Jeo
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:22 pm

Yeah I am pretty sure Slasher is the game originally announced as Friday the 13Th.
Czernobog
Next-Gen

by Czernobog Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:32 pm

noiseredux wrote:Yeah I am pretty sure Slasher is the game originally announced as Friday the 13Th.

Oh, it seems you're correct. I was getting information when I looked up Slasher that made it sound like a different game, but when I look up the Friday the 13th game, everything says it's the game. That makes sense, considering the rights. I'm surprised there isn't more info though, given that the game seems to be slated for next month.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:42 pm

I actually emailed the devs last week hoping for an update. I am really excited for it haha.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

by TEKTORO Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:46 pm

noiseredux wrote:I actually emailed the devs last week hoping for an update. I am really excited for it haha.

Keep us posted if they respond, almost forgot about this. Love the trailer gonna be on priority list to say the least.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Return to Other Genres