What horror game are you playing?

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: What horror game are you playing?

Post by Xeogred »

I started up Galerians, which seems super quirky but could be cool. Seems really short so that can't hurt. The second game though... I skimmed around some videos and stumbled upon some giant nude SHODAN like AI computer boss thing that looked nuts. These games kind of seem hilarious. Wish me luck!

And no matter how much you try to stop me Ack, I still plan on getting Countdown Vampires someday.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

I never did finish Downpour. The streets section with the ghost patrol car really put me off.. I no longer have the disc either.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Pulsar_t wrote:I never did finish Downpour. The streets section with the ghost patrol car really put me off.. I no longer have the disc either.

That's like the beginning of the game.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Pulsar_t wrote:I never did finish Downpour. The streets section with the ghost patrol car really put me off.. I no longer have the disc either.

It gets better. It never gets amazing, but it's not terrible once you get past the first hour or so.

I'm not sure if everyone here would count this as a horror game or just a horror-themed VN, but I've been playing through Corpse Party: Blood Drive. I played through Corpse Party and Book of Shadows over the past few weeks, and I'm going through Blood Drive now. I usually spend 20 or 30 minutes playing it while I'm lying in bed at night.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Ack

Post by Ack »

Xeogred wrote:And no matter how much you try to stop me Ack, I still plan on getting Countdown Vampires someday.

Well, I certainly hope you like pain.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I have to say Galerians has turned out to be pretty cool, about 2 hours in which is a good chunk for these kind of games. I love the weird laboratory settings of the classic RE games, which seems to be what Galerians is purely about. It looks really short though, so I'm guessing it's 3 discs because it does have a lot of CGI cutscenes. The puzzles are amusing enough and not Dino Crisis insane. The downside is that you're constantly having to manage various stats. All your attacks use up MP basically and then there's one stat that constantly goes up little by little, when it's maxed out your character goes crazy which lets him kill enemies instantly, however your health drains and you can't run in this state. So you have to keep that bar down, while managing HP/MP. So I'm not a huge fan of the insanity thing constantly going up and kind of pressuring you to hurry. But items have been fairly frequent so it hasn't been a real issue.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I just beat Galerians.

Very NSFW final boss design, but I wanted to post this video since I can't articulate my thoughts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2BCfXGYMAY#t=9m50s
(also brace for legendary dub)

Someone hold me.

I think this is the weirdest game I've ever played. A culmination of the weirder, darker, and depressing side of all things anime from the 90's jam packed into the weirdest RE1 clone ever. The combat wasn't even that good (check out earlier in that video above for the final boss fight haha), yet I didn't have much trouble continually playing to see this hilarious trainwreck of WTF evolve.

One of the most random obscure games I've ever played... and one I will probably never forget now.

"I'm so glad we met, ahhhhhhhhh"

And apparently there's a CGI OVA haha:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NZ77BYqFzE
warlord
8-bit

Post by warlord »

Currently playing Alone In The Dark II. Liking this lot more than AITD I because it takes longer to beat the game. And after all these years the mood of the game is still creepy.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I can't tell what my next horror game is going to bed. I'm going to hold off until PS VR comes out for Until Dawn and Dying Light (even if they're not technically VR compatible, I plan to use the headset as a display just for a bit more immersion). I've been meaning to play Silent Hill Origins, Carrier, and Dino Crisis 2 for a while.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

ElkinFencer10 wrote: I'm going to hold off until PS VR comes out for Until Dawn and Dying Light (even if they're not technically VR compatible, I plan to use the headset as a display just for a bit more immersion).

can it do that with the PSVR? I mean, will you be able to convert a single screen non-VR game to display in each eye?