RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
C-Sword
16-bit
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:11 pm

New Assassin's Creed Unity Preview

by C-Sword Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:18 pm

Did you seriously think they were not going to release a new one every year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... p8XIHNR-OU
User avatar
SirGawain
64-bit
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:20 am
Location: Senatobia, MS

Re: New Assassin's Creed Unity Preview

by SirGawain Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:48 pm

Well I am pumped. I have been a huge fan of the series since II when they moved away from the lack of story and monotonous gameplay.
User avatar
Stark
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9580
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Low Overhead Marysville, WA

Re: New Assassin's Creed Unity Preview

by Stark Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:50 pm

C-Sword wrote:Did you seriously think they were not going to release a new one every year?

Yes.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
User avatar
Cronozilla
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:15 pm
Location: Oregon, USA.

Re: New Assassin's Creed Unity Preview

by Cronozilla Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:50 pm

I'm not too keen on the French Revolution setting. It feels too similar to the Italian Renaissance setting. I'm sure the game will be fine, but it just feels like a small iterative change making the new environments feel less fresh.

I still have yet to play 4, though. So, maybe that'll fill that need a bit.
User avatar
Stark
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9580
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Low Overhead Marysville, WA

Re: New Assassin's Creed Unity Preview

by Stark Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:53 pm

Cronozilla wrote:I'm not too keen on the French Revolution setting. It feels too similar to the Italian Renaissance setting. I'm sure the game will be fine, but it just feels like a small iterative change making the new environments feel less fresh.

I still have yet to play 4, though. So, maybe that'll fill that need a bit.

Seems like 4 is now known as the standout of the series. I really need to bite the bullet and skip the ones I've missed out on up to this point and jump straight to 4.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
User avatar
Fragems
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5430
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:01 am
Location: Proctorville, OH

Re: New Assassin's Creed Unity Preview

by Fragems Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:08 pm

Still needing to drag myself through AC3 :P. Story was so bad that I stopped half way through last time I tried :P.
User avatar
emwearz
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4669
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: New Assassin's Creed Unity Preview

by emwearz Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:11 pm

I have finished all the AC games other than the spinoffs, Need to make sure I finish off some of the DLC before this comes out, IV reconfirmed my faith in the series as everything after Brotherhood were steps backwards.
User avatar
Fragems
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5430
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:01 am
Location: Proctorville, OH

Re: New Assassin's Creed Unity Preview

by Fragems Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:45 pm

emwearz wrote:I have finished all the AC games other than the spinoffs, Need to make sure I finish off some of the DLC before this comes out, IV reconfirmed my faith in the series as everything after Brotherhood were steps backwards.


I haven't really thoroughly enjoyed an AC game since ACII :P.
User avatar
emwearz
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4669
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: New Assassin's Creed Unity Preview

by emwearz Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:47 pm

Fragems wrote:
emwearz wrote:I have finished all the AC games other than the spinoffs, Need to make sure I finish off some of the DLC before this comes out, IV reconfirmed my faith in the series as everything after Brotherhood were steps backwards.


I haven't really thoroughly enjoyed an AC game since ACII :P.


Other than the first I have enjoyed them all, I found the overall cast of ACIII to be the low point of the series, but IV and II stand side by side as the high points in the series for me, but the scope of IV is just amazing.
User avatar
Stark
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9580
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Low Overhead Marysville, WA

Re: New Assassin's Creed Unity Preview

by Stark Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:55 pm

emwearz wrote:Other than the first I have enjoyed them all, I found the overall cast of ACIII to be the low point of the series, but IV and II stand side by side as the high points in the series for me, but the scope of IV is just amazing.

Interesting, I've heard others say that Revelations was the low of the series.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Return to Other Genres

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest