RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38149
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: What sports game are you playing?

by noiseredux Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:40 pm

Image

12-0

Starting to feel really confident about a perfect season. After this season I'll def up the difficulty, but damn, I'd love if some friends got Madden 08 so we could play on private servers.
Image
User avatar
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 19731
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm
Location: Maine

Re: What sports game are you playing?

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:41 pm

TEKTORO wrote:Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics (XB360)

I actually went out of my way for this since I had been traveling all last week during the holiday looking for games and deals, I really didn't have it in me to go and yet get another (this) game. But I get this bug to surprise both my wife and myself and try to play some random type of competitive game we both haven't played or are well versed at. Since it's winter time and we have played PS2 ESPN Olympic type games before, so I browsed what was on XB360 since it's in my living room for all of us to play and snagged it up.

First impressions was okay to good with a little potential, there's a bunch of events with some being cool and some being dull (mixed bag as far as taste goes). But there's a nice arcadey appeal and some simulation to the depth of controls and concepts. All and all the wifey and I enjoyed the first plays learning curve and looking forward to beating each others ass in a decent sports game in the near future (this weekend).


Published by Sega, huh? Looks like an interesting game.

The amount of Olympics games on the Xbox 360/PS3/Wii is really a testament to how long the 7th gen was.
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 21601
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: What sports game are you playing?

by Ack Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:14 pm

Any of you guys ever notice how you can see John Madden age over the course of the cover art for the Madden NFL series in the 1990s?
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38149
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: What sports game are you playing?

by noiseredux Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:17 pm

Ack wrote:Any of you guys ever notice how you can see John Madden age over the course of the cover art for the Madden NFL series in the 1990s?


People do tend to age over the course of a decade. John Madden included, yeah.
Image
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 21601
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: What sports game are you playing?

by Ack Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Yeah, but I think it's shocking to see the difference between the 1988 original cover art and the 1998 cover art.
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
User avatar
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 19731
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm
Location: Maine

Re: What sports game are you playing?

by BoneSnapDeez Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Any thoughts about the arcade version of Tecmo Bowl? I've only played the NES game.

I just purchased the Tecmo Classic Arcade compilation, which contains both Tecmo Bowl and Tecmo Cup. So I guess that's like two football games on one disc (you see what I did thurr?)...
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 23156
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm

Re: What sports game are you playing?

by dsheinem Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:46 pm

noiseredux wrote:I'd love if some friends got Madden 08 so we could play on private servers.


I'd be down for this. I assume there are only physical copies available?
User avatar
stickem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1903
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:57 pm
Location: nashville,tn.

Re: What sports game are you playing?

by stickem Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:59 pm

Few years ago on espn they had madden tournies televised. Lots of shit talking during game play used to crack me up.
mas
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2615
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 pm
Location: ma

Re: What sports game are you playing?

by mas Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:58 pm

can anyone tell me what the best madden for the 360 is? I borrowed madden 11 but its not as fun as madden 06 or 05 for the ps2 and sure not fun as espn nfl 2k5. any advice?
User avatar
TEKTORO
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2662
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Beyond Conscious

Re: What sports game are you playing?

by TEKTORO Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:30 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
TEKTORO wrote:Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics (XB360)

I actually went out of my way for this since I had been traveling all last week during the holiday looking for games and deals, I really didn't have it in me to go and yet get another (this) game. But I get this bug to surprise both my wife and myself and try to play some random type of competitive game we both haven't played or are well versed at. Since it's winter time and we have played PS2 ESPN Olympic type games before, so I browsed what was on XB360 since it's in my living room for all of us to play and snagged it up.

First impressions was okay to good with a little potential, there's a bunch of events with some being cool and some being dull (mixed bag as far as taste goes). But there's a nice arcadey appeal and some simulation to the depth of controls and concepts. All and all the wifey and I enjoyed the first plays learning curve and looking forward to beating each others ass in a decent sports game in the near future (this weekend).


Published by Sega, huh? Looks like an interesting game.

The amount of Olympics games on the Xbox 360/PS3/Wii is really a testament to how long the 7th gen was.




As cheap as these games can be even if you find an event or two to enjoy should be worth the price of admission. Cant remember the correct event names off top my head but the Luge, Skiing Hi Jump/Long jump and the Downhill Slalom were pretty fun, the enjoyment will set in when your comfortable with the controls and beating records in your favorite events become more understood. Nothing to kill days with but not bad for a quick sessions especially if sports aren't your go to genre, also the publishing by Sega gave me some faith to see whats underneath this title. :)
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Return to Other Genres

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests