What sports game are you playing?

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Mad_Hatter
128-bit

Re: What sports game are you playing?

Post by Mad_Hatter »

Been playing MLB 2K12 on PC. Graphics are much better than. 2K13 on the 360.

I've been doing my pitcher mode as a Starting Pitcher. I've got a nasty Cut Fastball. 2 Seamer and 4 seamer. Circle Change up and knuckle curve. My fast balls are all up to 95 mph.

Sent using Tapatalk
Old Username: sp957

Systems: Genesis, Super Nintendo, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, and Windows PC
Handhelds: Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DSi, and New Nintendo 3DS

My Trade Thread
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I'm playing the Football Freaks XIV mod for Madden 08 right now. I also created a custom soundtrack for it - half of 2013-2014 songs that I picked, and half of songs from the Madden 25 and Madden 15 soundtracks that I happened to have on my HDD. Good stuff.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

...also enjoying the new Mario Golf on 3DS.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

3DO port of Waialae Country Club arrived yesterday. Really digging this one. Pebble Beach Golf Links may be marginally better, but the entire T&E Soft series is quality.

I now own a whopping three 3DO games, and two of them are dedicated to golf. :lol:
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:3DO port of Waialae Country Club arrived yesterday. Really digging this one. Pebble Beach Golf Links may be marginally better, but the entire T&E Soft series is quality.

I now own a whopping three 3DO games, and two of them are dedicated to golf. :lol:

Very nice. It pained me at the time, but I remember passing on sealed 3DO copies of PGA Tour 96 because I just wasn't convinced I'd ever play it (I wouldn't have - sold the system but still have a couple sports games).

That was a pretty good era for golf and the style and speed of the game lent itself to the early days of the CD-ROM format.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Surprisingly, I purchased my copy of Pebble Beach Golf Links sealed two years ago. It was on eStarland.

Waialae Country Club was also from eStarland. Complete, but not sealed.

Didn't know PGA Tour 96 was on 3DO. I'll have to track that one down. Same goes for Wicked 18.

3DO is actually a pretty damn cool system. Shame the game library is so small and the games are so hard to find.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Picked up ESPN NFL 2K5 for 97 cents yesterday. The last of the great non-Madden football games. Seems alright so far, though I think the Dreamcast 2K games will always be my favorite.

Somewhat related, I had this long-term goal of collecting every "Sega Sports" game, but it turns out that some are Japan-only and, even worse, some are PAL-only. Guess I can stick to the US releases at least.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Waialae Country Club

That game is creepy. One second you are three feet away from the tee, and then *blam* right on it.

I think golf is the only game I'd rather play on a console than outside. Given the chance I would definitely Frolf in real life though.

With motion controls, you'd think there would be an incredible disc golf game out by now. It certainly has a niche market and you can bet the farm that sponsors would be all over it. I also know "flippers" that would purchase dlc to "own" their own discs/putters. Could be a neat experiment with the physics as well.

And "Batarang" view on a disc course could look super slick.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

I've been playing the demos for FIFA 15 and Pro Evo 2015.

Not too impressed by FIFA again. I fell out with the series around FIFA 12 and it hasn't agreed with me since. It seems to want to take control out of the players hands to make things look more realistic. It makes defending an absolute chore and there always seems to be one method of scoring that is easily exploitable.

Pro Evo 2015 is a massive improvement over last year though. It actually feels like Konami have finally married their fancy new FOX engine to the gameplay that made Pro Evos of the mid-noughties such a success.

I think after four years of waiting there's actually a footy game worth buying at launch this year.

In the meantime I'll be playing Sega World Wide Soccer 98 on me Saturn. 8)
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Somewhat related, I had this long-term goal of collecting every "Sega Sports" game, but it turns out that some are Japan-only and, even worse, some are PAL-only. Guess I can stick to the US releases at least.

That's a cool subset.

A couple I'm actively working are:

Every NBA Jam game (Midway's family of NBA Jam games)
Every Tecmo Bowl game
Every EA NBA game (I'm there with this one, but not duplicating - one per year, not each for every console)
Every Dreamcast 2K game (done)