That was a spygate joke right?
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: What sports game are you playing?

Post by ExedExes »

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:you missed the joke(s)

dammit.

The first part I thought was a joke, but also kind of true. Meaning, I figured you were saying the 07/08 Pats were kickass. Which they seem to be in this game. Randy Moss is insane.

The second part... went over my head. :oops: :lol:

Damn. It's official, we need a new commissioner in this thread :lol:

Since we're talking Tennis, I always liked Activision's tennis on the 2600. Also the Nintendo tennis on the Game Boy.

You all really need to check out Sports Jam on the Dreamcast too. Arcade style sports mini games!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

11-0 in Madden 08.

The Eagles gave me the best run for my money this season, holding me close for the first half but I eventually rose to 41-17 thanks to a lot of interceptions that may or may not have been attributed to sloppy play in the rain.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:11-0 in Madden 08.

The Eagles gave me the best run for my money this season, holding me close for the first half but I eventually rose to 41-17 thanks to a lot of interceptions that may or may not have been attributed to sloppy play in the rain.

If you played at higher difficulties you'd find the added battery dodging in Philly makes for a tough road game.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

ExedExes wrote:You all really need to check out Sports Jam on the Dreamcast too. Arcade style sports mini games!

I was never a fan of Sports Jam. The announcer is scary looking. I did like Capcom Sports Jam though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4JA5FcF4sI

It is a 3 in 1 CPS2 game featuring Tennis, Basketball, and real Football. It is a whole mess of a lot of fun - though not as much fun as Super Dodgeball.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

noiseredux wrote:11-0 in Madden 08.

Did you get the Santa half time Easter Egg when playing in Philly? You should be around X-mas time in the game.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Luke wrote:Did you get the Santa half time Easter Egg when playing in Philly? You should be around X-mas time in the game.

:cry: no.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

My wife's boss came over and we had some Blades of Steel battles. Both the original game and Blades of Steel '99.

Blades of Steel '99 is......... not very good. :lol:
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I'm playing Pong. This game is based on Tennis, so it counts as a sports game (I think).
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics (XB360)

I actually went out of my way for this since I had been traveling all last week during the holiday looking for games and deals, I really didn't have it in me to go and yet get another (this) game. But I get this bug to surprise both my wife and myself and try to play some random type of competitive game we both haven't played or are well versed at. Since it's winter time and we have played PS2 ESPN Olympic type games before, so I browsed what was on XB360 since it's in my living room for all of us to play and snagged it up.

First impressions was okay to good with a little potential, there's a bunch of events with some being cool and some being dull (mixed bag as far as taste goes). But there's a nice arcadey appeal and some simulation to the depth of controls and concepts. All and all the wifey and I enjoyed the first plays learning curve and looking forward to beating each others ass in a decent sports game in the near future (this weekend).
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.