Sports games with character creation

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Ack

Sports games with character creation

Post by Ack »

Hey guys, I was recently reading about the creation of Clarence BEEFTANK, a 5'0, 400lbs QB for the Jacksonville Jaguars that Jon Bois created in Madden 25, and I was wondering about what other sports games had character creation methods which could generate some truly ridiculous results?

Here's a description of Clarence BEEFTANK's birth:

Born in 1937. Parents were a rhinoceros, a Sherman oak, a wheelbarrow full of graphite, a ray of light that shone through the clouds, a fulfilled prophecy, a buried time capsule full of set-and-baited mouse traps, and a real big ol' dude.

Was encouraged to play football at age 10, when he chanced upon a mannequin at the clothing store wearing a shirt with the words "FOOTBALL GAME" and a drawing of a football on the front. He talked to it for hours, and it never told him he was too round for this world or that he shouldn't eat the plastic bologna rings.

Played college football at DeVry, where he studied poetry. He finished with a GPA of reddish-gray.

Dislikes taking the subway, not because of any particular phobia, but because whenever the car stops and nobody gets off, he feels terrible for the train operator.

Refers to liquids in plural, i.e., a glass of milk is "a glass of some milks."

Mutter-sings.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/9/5/4691010/breaking-madden-clarence-beeftank-jaguars

I've messed around with character creators before in wrestling games and came up with some interesting results (a buddy of mine once created a 98lbs. weakling named Jesus in a white loin cloth to face off against the likes of the WWF's finest...he remains undefeated), but what sports games let me do this?
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Sports games with character creation

Post by samsonlonghair »

That description of Beeftank really cracked me up.

I remember that in WWF War Zone for PS1 I created a wrestler named "The Postal Worker" who wore a uniform similar enough to a mailman except with a bandolier across his chest. He had a big, fuzzy beard. I think he wrestled with Shawn Michael's move set (if for no better reason than that was the moveset I had memorized at the time).
d123456
Next-Gen

Post by d123456 »

virtua tennis 2
Optimizing PS2 games 480p (progressive) and 240p gsm hdtv
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30389
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Almost every EA sports title lets you create your own character, even Tiger Woods PGA Tour.

Funny thing is, there is a high school running back that weighs 400lbs.