Ace Combat Infinity will be...free?

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Ace Combat Infinity will be...free?

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

Ace Combat has always been one of my favorite series. Pretty surprised to hear about this!

The main series disappeared after Ace Combat 6. Ace Combat Infinity, which will be released late 2013, will be a free digital game for PS3. It has a solo campaign and online multiplayer battles.

That sounds typical for a new Ace Combat. I heard Infinity would be a return to form, so I wasn't expecting this. How is Namco making their money this time?
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: Ace Combat Infinity will be...free?

Post by emwearz »

Free 2 Play, Pay 2 Win!
CavZee
Next-Gen

Post by CavZee »

Solo campaign? How do you do a F2P single player game?
Steam/NNID: CavZee PSN: I_CavZee_I
3DS FC: 5456-0768-7231
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

That's what I'm wondering.
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Maybe it will be similar to Tank! Tank! Tank! on the Wii U. Free 2 Play, but you only get selected maps on multiplayer and can only play 3 rounds a day.

To unlock unlimited plays you need to buy something like new maps, game modes, etc. You have to buy the single player campaign from within the game.

Just a thought on how they could do it.
CavZee
Next-Gen

Post by CavZee »

Why can't they just make a game (more like 5 and less like assault Horizon), put it on a disc and sell it to me for a set price.

Don't like how these companies keep wanting to try out new business models. >_<

Oh well, I'll wait and see what comes of this.
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

Did you play Ace Combat Zero? That's about as close to 5 as we'll get. I don't expect anything to top AC5 for years.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

emwearz wrote:Maybe it will be similar to Tank! Tank! Tank! on the Wii U. Free 2 Play, but you only get selected maps on multiplayer and can only play 3 rounds a day.

To unlock unlimited plays you need to buy something like new maps, game modes, etc. You have to buy the single player campaign from within the game.

Just a thought on how they could do it.

Gundam Battle Operation on PS3 is similar. It's likely this game will be the same way.

Seems that the massive success of League of Legends and others is really opening the eyes of some developers.
CavZee
Next-Gen

Post by CavZee »

Valkyrie-Favor wrote:Did you play Ace Combat Zero? That's about as close to 5 as we'll get. I don't expect anything to top AC5 for years.

Yep. All 3 PS2 games are great in my eyes. 6 was decent as well and the AC2 remake for 3DS was a surprisingly good game for the $10 I paid for it.
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

That's next on my list. Did you play Sky Crawlers?

If not...we'll just have to wait and see. Infinity might turn out to be awesome?