woah, a 2nd new TMNT game coming in October!!!

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Re: woah, a 2nd new TMNT game coming in October!!!

Post by Jmustang1968 »

My nephew likes the new turtles show, so I've seen a few times with him when he comes over. It isn't terrible and is somewhat enjoyable compared to other kid shows.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

I'm in.

Who cares if the turtles look different as long as the game delivers? Don't forget the uproar from nerds when they first saw the design for Heath's Joker.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

SpaceBooger wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:
noiseredux wrote:Image in first post

What the hell is that? THOSE are not the Ninja Turtles! It looks like the Chinese knock off, store brand, cheap imitation, not as good competitor type deal. Like how Apple Bits are not Apple Jacks at all. THESE are the Ninja Turtles...

Those Are Not Ninja Turtles, These Are:

It wasn't too long before those comic turtles looked a lot closer to the image above it.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Luke wrote:Who cares if the turtles look different as long as the game delivers?

Well, yeah, if it's a good game then it's a good game. I was just making a joke, I have seen those new turtles before. But I really do think they look stupid.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

The designs look really terrible ... until you see them in action, then they work pretty well. I've seen the new show since it started and it's not bad at all. It captures a lot of the spirit of the 80s show while also not being quite as campy.

I'd look forward to the game ... but I don't think Activision has ever made a good licensed game. The recent GoldenEye maybe?
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Cronozilla wrote:The designs look really terrible ... until you see them in action, then they work pretty well. I've seen the new show since it started and it's not bad at all. It captures a lot of the spirit of the 80s show while also not being quite as campy.

I'd look forward to the game ... but I don't think Activision has ever made a good licensed game. The recent GoldenEye maybe?

Spider-Man (2000)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2
Transformers: War for Cybertron
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men Legends
X-Men Legends II
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Ziggy587 wrote: But I really do think they look stupid.

Me too. I wasn't a big fan of the cgi look in the movie TMNT either, but they captured the personalities of the Turtles well, so it didn't bother me much.

And any turtles fan should pick up Brian Lynch's TMNT micro-series.

https://www.google.com/search?q=brian+l ... 80&bih=643
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Cronozilla wrote:I'd look forward to the game ... but I don't think Activision has ever made a good licensed game. The recent GoldenEye maybe?

007 Bloodstone is great.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Luke wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote: But I really do think they look stupid.

Me too. I wasn't a big fan of the cgi look in the movie TMNT either, but they captured the personalities of the Turtles well, so it didn't bother me much.

And any turtles fan should pick up Brian Lynch's TMNT micro-series.

https://www.google.com/search?q=brian+l ... 80&bih=643

Anything Brian lynch works on is good stuff. He's Joss Whedon approved :D
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

Well, I was wrong about one thing, Eurocom (who made Goldeneye) was never part of Activision, so that wasn't an internal title anyway.

But what I was saying is Activision doesn't really make quality games when using internal (unknown) teams that they've cobbled together or with projects they've spanned out across many owned developers.

All the games people are listing are projects solely made be individual studios (most of which were Raven software) And most of those studios are subsidiaries, which means they're actually independently ran. So, most of those games were not actually made by Activision, just funded and possibly managed through a third party. It's different than talking about something like Guitar Hero: Van Halen.

Activision uses their owned and subsidiary developers differently and there's a difference between developed and published.

It might sound like splitting hairs, but that's all I was talking about.