Tell me about your favorite tennis games.

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Tell me about your favorite tennis games.

Post by noiseredux »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:An Xbox exclusive fishing game featuring a scantily-clad woman on the cover is exactly what I would expect from that company...

crap, that one isn't compatible with 360. I'd totally pick that up if it was :lol:

EDIT:

Apparently THIS XBox fishing game that I also never heard of does work on 360 though.

fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

noiseredux wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:I am on a quest for Eagle Eye Golf, which was published by Aksys Games... :shock:

wow, never heard of this one. Now if you want to talk golf games, one of my absolute favorites is one that nobody ever talks about: Pangya Fantasy Golf (PSP) - which got a sequel on the Wii under a completely different name.

Pangya was an MMO PC game long before it came to consoles under the title Albatross 18. I first played it in 05. But Golf games should be another topic. Back to Tennis.
SNKnicotine
128-bit

Post by SNKnicotine »

Does table tennis count? if so check out table tennis on the Wii by Rockstar. the game has the humor of ..well a rockstar game, and really shows off what the Wi can do.
Table%20Tennis%20Wii%202.jpg
Table%20Tennis%20Wii%202.jpg (204.27 KiB) Viewed 1130 times

RockstarTableTennisWiiBoxboxart_160w.jpg
RockstarTableTennisWiiBoxboxart_160w.jpg (30.09 KiB) Viewed 1131 times

One of my favorite tennis games...Sega Superstar Tennis! (no intro needed)
SEGA_Superstars_Tennis.jpg
SEGA_Superstars_Tennis.jpg (60.59 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
Klassic PlastiK @ youtube.com/KlassicplastiK
Currently playing:Super Smash bros.(4)(3DS/WiiU)
Currently reading: Batman: Death of a Family
AppleQueso wrote:You can't even pronounce "RPG" or "FPS" like you can "Shmup"
Arpuhguh? Fffpiss? Bah!
"Shmup" is far more elegant!
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Tennis 2K2 for me. Best mini games, the ability to make a male & female character, the tournament calendar with singles and doubles to play, and just the graphics are so amazing.

Another one that might not get a lot of recognition is Tennis on the original Game Boy. That was great. Also Activision's Tennis for the 2600, if the CPU didn't hit nearly everything back you hit.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
noiseredux wrote:There's also a tennis game on PS2 published by Atlus that I was always curious about. I mean Atlus? Tennis? Anyone play that one and can comment?

A pawn shop here in Charlotte has a few copies of that game, but is looks so generic that I cannot justify the shelf space and $1 it would cost me to get it... :lol:

I am on a quest for Eagle Eye Golf, which was published by Aksys Games... :shock:

I have it disc only somewhere in my stuff.

I dont think I've played it yet.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

After that there was a LONG hiatus, only to be revived by Sega's venerable Virtua Tennis series. There was also the critically-acclaimed 4-player J-cart action of Sampras Tennis on the Megadrive for those who remember it, but I never cared for it for some reason.

Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Net De Tennis!
One of my favorite Tennis games on the Dreamcast! Since it was designed with online play in mind, it has a barebones singleplayer experience but is a blast to play in local multyplayer with friends. Basically a budget release title in Japan and released exclusively thru Sega's D-Driect online store. It was designed as a spiritual successor to Capcom's Smash Stars found in Capcoms Sports club arcade coin op (which I recently had the pleasure in playing at arcade recently btw). It has very cute old school look with its sprite based graphics, but looks pretty damn good in Hi Res with a VGA DC cable.