Metro Last Light

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Metro Last Light

Post by Pulsar_t »

I read on a forum that Edge reviewed it 8/10. Not too shabby. I reckon the atmosphere alone is worth it. It'll be interesting to see how it performs on both consoles and Windows. Anyone with a low-end GPU needn't bother with the PC version :|

I certainly hope they offer us Russian dialogue with subtitles.

Edit - PC Gamer = 8/10, OPM = 9/10
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Re: Metro Last Light

Post by fvgazi »

Is it being released this week? I'm definitely getting this on PC. I loved the first game so much.
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

The game will unlock on Steam after three days. There's a bit of nerd outrage about the pre-order bonus of the maximum difficulty level being DLC; a ridiculous move by the developers but nothing to get uptight about. If people stopped pre-buying games all this would be moot. Image
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

Played 2033 and finished it with 18+ hours into it, will be getting Last Light for PC eventually.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I have found some time to spend with this (about an hour so far) on the 360. It looks and feels great so far, and the writing/directing/atmosphere creating is exactly what you'd expect. I don't have a good feel for the gunplay yet, though - still need more time on that one.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I was able to put a few minutes into this last night when I got home but I'm going to have to put it on hold. There's a bug currently where if you have your PC outputting through HDMI then your resolution gets locked to 1440x480, which completely screws up the in game UI elements. There's a fix ready and going through certification now, so I'm hoping that comes out in the next day or so.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Post by fvgazi »

dsheinem wrote:I have found some time to spend with this (about an hour so far) on the 360. It looks and feels great so far, and the writing/directing/atmosphere creating is exactly what you'd expect. I don't have a good feel for the gunplay yet, though - still need more time on that one.

I'm assuming you've played the original? It would be interesting to see a comparison about the gun mechanics.
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

fvgazi wrote:
dsheinem wrote:I have found some time to spend with this (about an hour so far) on the 360. It looks and feels great so far, and the writing/directing/atmosphere creating is exactly what you'd expect. I don't have a good feel for the gunplay yet, though - still need more time on that one.

I'm assuming you've played the original? It would be interesting to see a comparison about the gun mechanics.

I loved the original.

So far the gun mechanics feel a little less "frantic" in terms of not knowing how much you can trust your weapon because you start with some "loadout" options that include fairly nice guns and ample ammo for the early scenes. I suspect this will change soon, though.

I also think I will be throwing a lot of knives in this game :twisted:
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

One can't help but contemplate how better the final product would have been had the developers been given a bigger budget to play with.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... h-upgrades

I wish they released a PS3 demo, just to witness it myself compared to the DirectX 11 engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q08SWib1rus

PC vs PS3 look quite close indeed. Obviously the lighting of the Windows version is far superior.