The Evil Within

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
wclem
Next-Gen

Re: The Evil Within

Post by wclem »

Congrats man, now it gets hard LOL.... Actually I found it seems easier as I am getting better at the game.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

wclem wrote:Congrats man, now it gets hard LOL.... Actually I found it seems easier as I am getting better at the game.

Yeah, I've just realised my celebration was way to premature :lol:
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I'm playing it now and really digging it. It's straight up The Best of Mikami for sure, but it's still fun and tougher than RE. The art design and environments remind me more of Silent Hill which is nice.

I could careless that it's pure action. It's Mikami, I knew exactly what it'd be going into it and wanted nothing more or less, heh.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I beat it and posted some thoughts over in the Games Beaten thread. The more I think about it, the more I like it though. Not to make it sound like it was bad, it did just need a little time to really kick into gear. Yet I think I cleared its 14 hour journey in just three sittings, so it was pretty addicting.

What do you guys make of the bonkers plot?
At first I was hating how disjointed the whole thing felt in the first half, but it having this insanely weird Matrix/Inception horror thing going on... kind of makes the broken up jarringness pretty cool haha.

Not amazing nor are the characters going to be major standouts, but in the end it ended up being cool enough to think about and come up with some theories. And the game was just super fun, so the replay value is going to be awesome.
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

The plot, it was my biggest issue with the game. Actually my only one. I just wish the would have given a better back story to start it out. They could have also tried to make me feel part of the people, kind of how Last of Us was. I wanted to save them and see them succeed. With the characters in this game I never felt anything towards them.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Fair enough, I can see that. I guess for me I was kind of more into the "what" than the "why". "What the hell is going on?" The weirdness and crazy story interested me a bit more than the characters.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Just finished this son of a bitch.. It's a mixed bag at the best of times, and it's a shame to see such expensive aesthetics wasted on a story so droll. The gameplay is Resident Evil in all but name, and the whole game felt disjointed with wasted potential. I think I figured out why so many don't enjoy Japanese game stories nowadays, because this game is almost like living in a universe where titles like Bioshock and The Last of Us were never made. The characters are unrelatable, and I could give a rat's arse about any of them really.. Especially that Leslie fuck. The plot is about as original as a House of the Dead entry as well.

At least MGS belies its overt silliness by having some rather clever commentary under its cringe-inducing bonnet.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image