To the Moon

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: To the Moon

Post by Stark »

Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Cool. I'll have to check that out
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

So I just played/finished this.

Jesus, this game.

:cry:

And the fucking soundtrack? Fuck me.

What a trip. Such an amazing, lovingly put together game. I wish more games could do the kinds of things this one does. In a year where I've played through some truly phenomenal stories, this one still manages to stand out. Can't wait to see what this studio does next!
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Awesome! Glad you played this one. It's the first game I played and beat this year, pretty amazing. Kinda blows away your expectations doesn't it?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Stark wrote:Awesome! Glad you played this one. It's the first game I played and beat this year, pretty amazing. Kinda blows away your expectations doesn't it?

In some ways, yes. My expectations were basically "so this game is supposed to be emotional"...but I've heard that kind of thing a lot and few games genuinely deliver that kind of experience (I am a jaded old crone). So yeah, I was surprised that it got to me at several points throughout (not just the ending), I was surprised by the kinds of themes it explored along the way, and I was floored by how personal it seemed to feel for the author/designer (whether or not it actually was).

It is just a really beautifully written, wonderfully touching game.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

dsheinem wrote:
Stark wrote:Awesome! Glad you played this one. It's the first game I played and beat this year, pretty amazing. Kinda blows away your expectations doesn't it?

In some ways, yes. My expectations were basically "so this game is supposed to be emotional"...but I've heard that kind of thing a lot and few games genuinely deliver that kind of experience (I am a jaded old crone). So yeah, I was surprised that it got to me at several points throughout (not just the ending), I was surprised by the kinds of themes it explored along the way, and I was floored by how personal it seemed to feel for the author/designer (whether or not it actually was).

It is just a really beautifully written, wonderfully touching game.

That pretty much sums up the thoughts and feelings I had while playing it as well. The game has a maturity you seldom see in games
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up! :D
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

Finished the game last night, and was very impressed overall. Like many have said (and I expected) the gameplay is very shallow, and only there to get you to the next story piece, but I didn't really mind. The story was great, and the dialogue between the doctors was a lot of fun.

Now some spoiler talk:
The thing that really surprised me, was the moral aspect of changing his memory to believe that he never met River in highschool, and thus she never "dragged him down" But then introducing her later in his life, where he didn't know she had a condition, and thus, in his "memory" was normal. I honestly did not see that coming, and loved that the developer was willing to explore such a story.

I will be looking forward to any future games this developer puts out.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

Post by Violent By Design »

I need this game. :(