A Far Cry of a thread

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Re: Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon, Far Cry 4

Post by Pulsar_t »

casterofdreams wrote:I think we can repurpose this topic for Far Cry 4 if it's alright with Pulsar_t.

I've read the reviews and watched the Giant Bomb Quick Look on the New game.

Another solid release!

I don't know if I want it on the last gen consoles or PC. I haven't decided yet.

Done! As for which version, if you're not in a hurry might be best to wait for Ubisoft to optimise the Windows release some more.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Re: A Far Cry of a thread

Post by casterofdreams »

Great picture up in the first post. Vass is crying!

I was thinking the PC route this time around. Just waiting for a holiday sale of some sort.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

If this is still about FC in general, I finished the original not too long ago. This was a 2nd time around playthrough because I never finished it the first time I tried. I'm glad I stuck with it. Frustrating in spots, but those graphics...
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Midnight and a sick day for me, going straight to the in game editor all night. There is some back lash amongst the map making community considering UBI left out the ability to make and share PVP multiplayer maps at the moment.

Which as Far back as I could remember was its biggest selling point to me when I first discovered FC on the OGXbox been a Hardcore follower ever since, crossing my fingers for an update but in the meanwhile I will dedicate to creating Custom Single player levels for whoever has a PS4.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

From what I've read, it mostly sounds like Far Cry 3 beefed up in the best ways.

- Starts off very samey, but the new additions creep in keeping it a fresh experience as it goes. The grappling hook looks badass.
- Animals sound more vicious and the difficulty in general sounds higher, which is a plus to me since I played 3 and Blood Dragon on Hard and it was a cake walk.
- Personally I'm digging the environment a lot more, setting just looks cooler
- Co-op will probably be amazing.

As some people out there are saying, more FC3 isn't really a bad thing. I'm definitely stoked.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I don't have the game yet but two things I discovered roaming the web: 1) birds are big pieces of shits, and 2) one of the best Easter eggs / alternate endings I have ever seen in a game can be reached in about 30 minutes from the starting cut scene.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Far Cry 4 is an amazing game had some time to mess around in the editor it didn't disappoint with the great options and game modes.

Go Buy This Game Right Now!!!
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

Going to pick up my copy after work today, this will be my first PS4 game haha and I bought a PS4 this summer.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

So I've put about 6 or so hours thus far into the game. I have the PS3 copy. First, it looks just as good if not better than Far Cry 3 on the same platform so I'm pretty thrilled about that. Second, birds really are big ol' pieces of shit. Thirdly, I think the map is bigger than 3 and it's got more things to uncover.

Overall they've improved on the existing formula and I quite enjoy it.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I'm actually thinking the map was smaller. Not to mention 3 kind of had that surprise island later on (as FC2 did with an entire second map haha). But yeah, not that that's a bad thing. I definitely liked FC4 over FC3.