Grand Theft Auto V

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by Pulsar_t »

I can't believe the Golden Joystick is listing GTA's 1st person view as "innovation". For one thing, it's not technically innovative, and the FOV is narrow and annoying. But those populist award programmes, they got to cram in as many AAA games as possible. Pissants.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Pulsar_t wrote:I can't believe the Golden Joystick is listing GTA's 1st person view as "innovation". For one thing, it's not technically innovative, and the FOV is narrow and annoying. But those populist award programmes, they got to cram in as many AAA games as possible. Pissants.

Yeah I wouldn't say that it is innovative for the industry, but it is innovative for the Grand Theft Auto series. It really added a level of detail and world building with it that I absolutely loved, so much so that I played the entire game in it and adored it. I was absorbed.

Again though, not innovative in reality, just for that series in particular.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

Having a game as massive as GTA V and play it in first person from start to finish is amazing IMO. With a monster rig and all the sliders turned up it becomes quite the detailed world.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

I've gotten bored of Online much faster than I thought I would. Rockstar disallowing mods is a bad indicator too.. I wouldn't have got the game on Steam if I had known this. GTA is a better fit for survival than most other games on Steam since it already provides an established urban environment.

And where the hell are those free roam events?
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Unfortunately, the online portion of the game has featured micro-transactions for quite some time (if not since the beginning). Disallowing mods in the online mode should come as no surprise.

Are any of you guys playing online with the PS4 version? I play pretty regularly and steam on Twitch/YouTube at times. I might be putting together a team for the Criminal Mastermind heist challenge on Sunday.

I've even messed around with the in-game editor and made a chase scene a few weeks ago after the update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJZcd3FIZC0
PaulSilentin

Post by PaulSilentin »

Pulsar_t wrote:I can't believe the Golden Joystick is listing GTA's 1st person view as "innovation". For one thing, it's not technically innovative, and the FOV is narrow and annoying.
Agree! BTW on PS3 CFW/x360/PC 1st person FOV can be modified (of course offline only).

https://youtu.be/peiat5FBYWM
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Any Racket GTA Online players out there? It looks like we are about to get a follow-up to the VIP content soon. I plan to put the Pacific Standard into heavy rotation after work every day this week so that I can afford some of the new in-game content. Feel free to hit me up on PSN/PS4 if you want to join in: Randy_M_Green. I have a feeling I'm going to loose a lot of my regulars to Uncharted 4.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

alright so I've been playing GTA5 again.

I picked up the Xbox One version after talk of this new expansion for GTA: Online. But really what I wanted to do was more nothing. I've sung my love of Los Santos many MANY times before. And I'll say that GTA5 and Skryim are my two go-to "do nothing" games. I just love the worlds. To be honest, while I *like* the story in GTA5... I also don't. Not enough to really care about completing it. And some stuff - like parts of Trevor's story - I hated. In fact, back when I originally played the game on PC, I hit a nasty bug that was only in the PC version and that stopped the story's ability to progress like a brick wall. I just shrugged and figured oh well, no reason to continue.

BUT here's the problem. I really want to go UFO hunting in Los Santos. Unfortunately, the bulk of that material is post-game and requires a 100% completion. Have you seen how much needs to be done for 100%? It's not just the main story quests. Yikes. I think it's estimated something like 77 hrs for 100%. Probably more. So that's my real dilemma. I'll have to play like 80 hrs of stuff I don't want to play, to get to the part of the game I do want to play.

Looking around the internets, I feel like there's no way to just download someone else's 100% save file for Xbox One. If I'm definitely wrong, let me know.

So it kind of sucks because I basically was planning to do this sort of 'travel writing' series where I was going to make a goal of seeing for myself all of the UFO encounters known in the game. I was meaning to take pics/videos and document all of this in a series of written posts. I thought it'd be fun, anyway. But this certainly impedes my progress.

Last edited by noiseredux on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

The prior GTA game and the DLCs I 100% despite the fact I utterly hated that part of the progress was tied with doing bullshit activities with you friends (bowling, darts, etc.). If you couldn't tell I really hated that aspect in the vanilla game. The DLCs took about 20 hours each to 100% is it was manageable.

As for V, I didn't even bother. You've got too many things to collect in a larger map. Toxic waste, alien parts, letter scraps, etc.

What I did in the end to consider it complete is finish the main story line, the Strangers and Freaks missions and have a shit ton of money ($400M each at the very minimum after I purchased all of the clothing, guns and attachments, max ammo, and businesses).

Based on you hour estimates, ain't nobody got time for dat.

My fuck around thing to do in the game as of late is have Franklin drive around in the Dukes O' Death fully upgraded and, using his special ability, ram into everything have fun with the games physics.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

so yeah, there seems to be no way to download a 100% save file for Xbox One. I then spent some time researching various cheats. For instance I thought that if I could spawn a sub, then I could go look at the sunken UFO. But the Spawn Sub cellphone cheat won't work. I confirmed others working such as the plane. There also seems to be no cheat to give me tons of money so that I could just buy a sub. So I've just been replaying the story mode.

I genuinely forgot how much I liked the story mode. I've made a bit of progress now, I'm currently casing out the jewel store to plan for the big heist. Of course I haven't been introduced to Trevor yet, and his chapters were generally my least favorite.