Grand Theft Auto V

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Ack

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by Ack »

dsheinem wrote:
noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:got to play an hour or so. like it so far. very pretty, a bit overwhelming all the grey area on my map...

I've put in about 14 hours now, with the time split between missions and free-roaming. I still have plenty of grey areas, haha.

I actually dabbled in Online last night as well for an hour or two. Did some death matches w/ strangers.

are there multiple islands to unlock that open up as the game progreses or can i go everywhere pretty much at the start?

It's one big island, so you can probably go everywhere from the start.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:are there multiple islands to unlock that open up as the game progreses or can i go everywhere pretty much at the start?

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Yeah that is one thing I am very happy about. I hated being sectioned off from the rest of the world until I continued the story.

I wonder though, can you come across the other members of your team out in the city? If so, it would be kinda interesting to run across Trevor as Michael before the two cross paths story wise.

Played a bit of on-line earlier this morning and was having fun. I definitely do better in deathmatch than in driving. I stink at driving and flying, but I am pretty decent with a gun. I'm more there for the witty banter more than anything and can't get it with the strangers who just scream and cuss at each other over and over again.

Weird thing was, my deathmatches I played were almost exclusively with people from Asia. Weird.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

The whole thing is indeed open from the start. As for encountering the guys before the scripting deems it okay, well, that's a great question?

You can encounter after that's for sure and even "kill" them.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I found something I do not enjoy in GTA V. Fetch Quests.

I recently joined a cult and they want me to collect certain rare cars, giving me only vague clues about the location of said cars. There are only one instance of these cars, so you would have to scour the city for hours in an attempt to find them. Said, "screw that," and decided to look it up on an FAQ. Finished it in a half hour.

Kifflom.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

this game is sooo gorgeous...
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Honestly what kind of rig do you need to run this game max at 60fps (at say 1920x1200)?
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:this game is sooo gorgeous...

it really is. If you haven't hiked Mt. Chilead yet, you must. And walk, don't run. Take your time and soak it all in. Try to get late in the day, so that you can watch the sun set up there. There's really something amazing about seeing all those tiny lights below you at night.

But on the way down, do watch out for mountain lions.

Speaking of beauty, it kills me that I can't figure out how to get screenshots to work via the Steam overlay. Taking pics on the cellphone is a pain in the ass, and I generally don't bother.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Grand Theft Auto V ($45) | Green Man Gaming | Use code DEALSP-AWN26O-FFEXCL
loganm187
32-bit

Post by loganm187 »

I just got this on PC and would love to play some heists with some people who are "normal" once i level up to 12. Wanna share usernames? Any tips on leveling up to 12 fast? I really wantr to try the heists.