RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

by Cronozilla Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:13 pm

I strongly support making a GTA Online group. My experiences in GTAO have been extremely negative because of the existing community. You really need people to play with that are going to give you an opportunity to actually experience the online world.

With that being said, I can't grab the PC version yet :(
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

by casterofdreams Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:15 pm

As much as I am big on GTA V I don't think you will ever see me online. I went and changed on the options menu to always start in single player.
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:06 pm

This basically sums up my online experience pretty well :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vlM8RypMbA

What was really annoying though was the Rhino Tank users. Basically there were usually 1-2 really high lvl players driving those around every time I joined a server and you couldn't really do anything to them. They would just go around town unopposed killing everything.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:19 pm

You can set it up so that your online game is available to just your crew I thought? If we did that would that be better?
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:54 am

Yeah, you can shift around the settings so that you automatically join a private game. I used to do that and only go into public if I felt bold and daring.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:35 pm

So I made a small start on GTAOnline last night around 4 AM while the baby took a quick nap. Did the first initial introduction missions and am very excited to see where things go. I will probably make minimal progress in GTAOnline until I beat the single player campaign.

Speaking of the single player campaign, I was playing as Trevor and was on the highway, off to go on a hunting trip with one of my hillbilly neighbors, only to find a car accident on the side of the rode with a woman badly injured. I picked her up and took her to a safe house. Seems she is a getaway driver until her crew turned on her, hence the accident. She is added to my crew for future heists now YAY!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:38 pm

man, we're on pace. I just finished that hunting mission.

Personally, Trevor is my least favorite character of the three. I like Michael the best, as far as how much fun I've had playing each of the three character's storylines.
Ack

by Ack Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:46 pm

noiseredux wrote:man, we're on pace. I just finished that hunting mission.

Personally, Trevor is my least favorite character of the three. I like Michael the best, as far as how much fun I've had playing each of the three character's storylines.

Trevor is the best character.

My buddy played GTA V on PS3 when it launched. He would occasionally switch out to different folks. One day he switched to Trevor and discovered him driving a scooter on the freeway, dressed like Hunter S. Thompson, repeatedly shouting, "Scooter buddy!" in various tones at another guy on a scooter. Brian just kept going because he wanted to know how long it would last. Trevor kept shouting "Scooter buddy" every few seconds for five minutes, until Brian finally got bored and shot the guy.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:57 pm

oh I think Trevor is hilarious - I'm just not enjoying playing his story as much as the others. And at this part you're kind of stuck with him. Franklin and Michael are in hiding after a heist, so I can't switch to them like you normally can.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:16 pm

noiseredux wrote:oh I think Trevor is hilarious - I'm just not enjoying playing his story as much as the others. And at this part you're kind of stuck with him. Franklin and Michael are in hiding after a heist, so I can't switch to them like you normally can.

It doesn't last too long. You will be back to the other guys soon and things get... interesting.

My favorite character is Trevor, but my favorite character to play is Franklin, simply because his special helps me in my worst field, driving. I stink at driving, with a controller or not.

Return to Other Genres