RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

by Pulsar_t Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:56 pm

http://kotaku.com/data-leak-hints-at-mi ... 1373827097

If they want to nickel-and-dime their franchise so be it, plenty of fools out there.. but it doesn't bode well for any prospective modding. I mean we can play Just Cause 2 massively nowadays for free.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:28 pm

Pulsar_t wrote:http://kotaku.com/data-leak-hints-at-microtransactions-in-gta-online-1373827097

If they want to nickel-and-dime their franchise so be it, plenty of fools out there.. but it doesn't bode well for any prospective modding. I mean we can play Just Cause 2 massively nowadays for free.

well did you notice all those blank spots in the Ammunation, surely they will have guns there that you can buy for real money
oxymoron
Next-Gen

by oxymoron Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:51 am

ninjainspandex wrote:I guess I had it easy as a kid, I remember going to EB games and buying GTA 3 and Vice city at the age of 14 and there were no questions asked.

I blame GTA San Andreas for that. It was because of the 'hot coffee' mini game that the government made game stores and the ESRB really enforce the ratings. :x
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:55 am

I feel old. I was already an adult when the first GTA was released. :lol:
jay_red
Next-Gen

by jay_red Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:54 am

I am about 23 or so hours into it (the stats page states an almost perfectly equal time spent with each character) and have completed 50 of 69 main missions. I have one complaint (not necessarily about the game) and that is almost everything that has happened, I saw clips of during trailers/reviews. There have been some cool/unexpected moments, but many of the main missions, and major moments have not been a surprise at all. And worse yet, I am this far in the game, and there are things I saw in trailers/review that have not happened yet.

Now something that I never expected in this game, was at this point, I actually like Trevor. Everything I saw of him, and early playing made me not want to go near him at all, but after many missions with him, he really grows on you. My Wife (who has been watching me play) felt the same way, and she hated him at first, going as far to say she felt bad for him during a certain mission.

I am going to slow down a little bit, and try some of the side things, take in the city/surrounding areas a little more.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

by Pulsar_t Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:08 am

LOL Trevor is a textbook definition of a psychopath :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I suppose he is the best character that fits the motifs of the GTA protagonist: Remorseless, psychotic, flippant, deranged, crafty, a sexual predator etc. The rest had been petty criminals.
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:12 am

Beating this game is like trying to pull teeth.

wocka wocka wocka.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

by Pulsar_t Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:16 am

Sload Soap
Next-Gen

by Sload Soap Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:28 pm

Luke wrote:Beating this game is like trying to pull teeth.

wocka wocka wocka.

Chortle. :)
Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:35 pm

So far, this game is decent.

Shocked and excited to find out that Jimmy De Santa is actually Lil Pete from Pete and Pete, Danny Tamberelli.
Return to Other Genres