RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

by ZeroAX Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:12 pm

Pulsar_t wrote:On a side note, I don't think GTA can work in any other country. Sleeping Dogs was a true "oriental" GTA that was quite good, despite lacking the brash antics of GTA. I don't think Rockstar will choose any "foreign" regions for GTA6.

London. They already did it for the original GTA, and the city is begging for the GTA HD treatment.

Also Tokyo but it might have to borrow a lot from Sega's Yakuza series:P
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:24 pm

I want to see GTA set in russia, preferably Cold War era.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:28 pm

ninjainspandex wrote:I want to see GTA set in russia, preferably Cold War era.

Are we talking GTA or "open world sanbox game" here? Cause I can imagine getting busted will mean you respawn somewhere in Siberia :lol:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

by Pulsar_t Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:33 pm

ZeroAX wrote:
Pulsar_t wrote:On a side note, I don't think GTA can work in any other country. Sleeping Dogs was a true "oriental" GTA that was quite good, despite lacking the brash antics of GTA. I don't think Rockstar will choose any "foreign" regions for GTA6.

London. They already did it for the original GTA, and the city is begging for the GTA HD treatment.

Also Tokyo but it might have to borrow a lot from Sega's Yakuza series:P

The 2D GTA's were pure gangster mayhem. The new ones are about that as well as blatant social commentary. There is a lot of crime and corruption around the world but in the USA it's glamorised and universally recognisable.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:59 pm

Pulsar_t wrote:The 2D GTA's were pure gangster mayhem. The new ones are about that as well as blatant social commentary. There is a lot of crime and corruption around the world but in the USA it's glamorised and universally recognisable.

:lol:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/gta-v-a-sophisticated-gaming-experience-says-man-w,33893/

...but seriously, there is nothing resembling intelligent social commentary in any GTA game.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:42 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
Pulsar_t wrote:The 2D GTA's were pure gangster mayhem. The new ones are about that as well as blatant social commentary. There is a lot of crime and corruption around the world but in the USA it's glamorised and universally recognisable.

:lol:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/gta-v-a-sophisticated-gaming-experience-says-man-w,33893/

...but seriously, there is nothing resembling intelligent social commentary in any GTA game.

There's plenty of social commentary in GTA, that's for sure. Maybe it's not at all intelligent or accurate, but it's there.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:56 pm

"Intelligent" was the key word in my statement...That said, I think you could read the existence and continuing popularity of the GTA series is a kind of meta-commentary.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:00 pm

GTA is what America looks like from a Britsh point of view. So social comentary/parody.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:18 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:"Intelligent" was the key word in my statement...That said, I think you could read the existence and continuing popularity of the GTA series is a kind of meta-commentary.

Just like Beavis and Butthead's popularity among 14-year-old deviants.

ZeroAX wrote:GTA is what America looks like from a Britsh point of view. So social comentary/parody.

Scottish, darn you.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:24 pm

BoringSupreez wrote:
ZeroAX wrote:GTA is what America looks like from a Britsh point of view. So social comentary/parody.

Scottish, darn you.

I didn't say English. I\m smart enough not to get stabbed by angry Scots :lol:
Return to Other Genres