RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

by Pulsar_t Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:42 pm

^ My end-of-game report :lol: Nice touch there. Damn, the way they portrayed most of the characters I really couldn't care less when they got "clipped", in fact good riddance. Unfortunately real life is full of asswipes just like those, if not worse, and sometimes they get what's coming to them. The satire was in your face, but even so I think much of it is lost on many GTA players unfortunately, the selfie generation Image

I have conflicting feelings and thoughts about GTA, and the writing could have been smarter, but Rockstar have delivered a product that will be remembered for years to come.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:55 pm

Xeogred wrote:Oh man I always forget about that game, but yeah I was a fan of Red Faction Guerrilla myself. Lots of fun with that one. Always loved the first game a lot too, though it's a bit hard to go back to haha... hit detection is kind of wonky. I put 2 up there with Perfect Dark Zero among some of the worst FPS sequels I've ever experienced, I remember 2 was like 80% on rails shooting, lmao.

Anyways yeah... I've been gaming on the PS3 only for months now, I'm not huge on some of Sony's exclusive IP's (though in love with the platformers now thanks to those HD collections!), but Infamous is one I've felt very confident about for awhile now. The gameplay, story, etc, everything looks right up my alley. I'm thinking that one or Darksiders next, might have to flip a coin... sounds like a win/win though haha. But for something to hold me over until potential GTA5 price drops, yeah Infamous looks like a good choice.

oh god.....why did you have to remind me of RF2? That game....so.....bad.....memories coming back....brain....hurts.....help

If you like platformers all the more reason to play infamous. It's kind of like an open world platformer, as in you have to judge jumps and get down the correct pacing of using the grind and static thrusters abilities to get across town fast (and with style 8) )

The sateltie uplinks are great examples of these missions but all the guys who uploaded videos of them on youtube aren't that great :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSWEa4srUAk&feature=player_detailpage#t=17

After some practice (and specially on the second playthrough) I was able to chain grind jumps and thrusters so well, I didn't even touch the rooftops in many of the missions (you see the level designers deisnged them for that, but you have to know the game well to be able to do that. And by know well I don't mean "memorize everything", I mean trusting in the level designers who are bound to have another cable for ou to grind on the other side of the building you just grind jumped from :D).

Seriously seriously try it out. It's sandbox, 3rd person shooter and platformer all in one :D
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

by Sload Soap Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:04 pm

^ My end-of-game report

Mine said I was a probable homosexual and psychotic beyond redemption, which was an eye opener. May I ask
who did you kill at the end?
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

by Pulsar_t Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Sload Soap wrote:
^ My end-of-game report

Mine said I was a probable homosexual and psychotic beyond redemption, which was an eye opener. May I ask

The fuzz, man. They had it coming!
oxymoron
Next-Gen

by oxymoron Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:18 pm

Sload Soap wrote:
^ My end-of-game report

Damn it. Why did I click that? :x
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

by Pulsar_t Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:33 pm

Well you could follow the swarm mentality and finish the game soon to avoid spoilers :lol:
oxymoron
Next-Gen

by oxymoron Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:57 pm

Pulsar_t wrote:Well you could follow the swarm mentality and finish the game soon to avoid spoilers :lol:

I'm waiting till' it's under $30 or $40 bucks.
KDub
Next-Gen

by KDub Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:28 pm

Anyone with an older 360 been having the reported freezing issues?
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:45 pm

Pulsar_t wrote:Well you could follow the swarm mentality and finish the game soon to avoid spoilers :lol:

Unfortunately that's by far the best way to avoid spoilers. I had a heck of a time avoiding spoilers for MGS4 for two years until I finally bought it.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

by Pulsar_t Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:07 pm

I can't even recall what MGS4 was all about.. I drifted into daydreams during the last film-length cutscenes. :lol:

Anyway now that the story is done I can get something else for my copy. I might get it later for Windows because why else mods! I for one have long outgrown the pointless mucking around in sandbox games.

On a side note, I don't think GTA can work in any other country. Sleeping Dogs was a true "oriental" GTA that was quite good, despite lacking the brash antics of GTA. I don't think Rockstar will choose any "foreign" regions for GTA6.
Return to Other Genres