RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
User avatar
Cronozilla
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:15 pm
Location: Oregon, USA.

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

by Cronozilla Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:02 pm

I think I'm the only person that liked how cars handled in GTA4 >_>
User avatar
ZeroAX
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7471
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Current: Amsterdam. From Greece

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

by ZeroAX Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:38 pm

Xeogred wrote:How would you guys stack this against RDR?


You don't own this yet? Next week I'm getting it and I'll let you know. We seem to have very similar taste in games and I always take notice of your opinion of games I haven't played yet, that I'm interested in :lol:
Image
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
User avatar
Xeogred
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 14380
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:49 pm
Location: KC

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

by Xeogred Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:13 pm

Nah, as the years go by I go longer and longer without slapping down $60 for a new game at release. But this might be one of those few exceptions in awhile... but then of course I could obviously get RDR instead and play that and other stuff until this goes down in price.

I Gamefly'd RDR years back and wasn't really feeling it, but I do want to give it another shot sometime. It does seem like something I'd dig.

I know there's a lot of mixed feelings here and I'm not obsessed with Rockstar (didn't like what I played of Max Payne 3 at all), but I for one definitely loved VC and SA. Crackdown and Saints Row 2 were the city sandboxes I liked this gen, and GTA5 looks damn good to me. GTA4 online was solid but it sounds like they'll take it up a notch with this one. So yeah, very very tempted to get this one soon haha.
User avatar
oxymoron
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2399
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:35 pm
Location: Greater Los Angeles

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

by oxymoron Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:14 pm

Did you like LA Noire? ^
Image
User avatar
ZeroAX
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7471
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Current: Amsterdam. From Greece

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

by ZeroAX Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:35 pm

Xeogred wrote:Nah, as the years go by I go longer and longer without slapping down $60 for a new game at release. But this might be one of those few exceptions in awhile... but then of course I could obviously get RDR instead and play that and other stuff until this goes down in price.

I Gamefly'd RDR years back and wasn't really feeling it, but I do want to give it another shot sometime. It does seem like something I'd dig.

I know there's a lot of mixed feelings here and I'm not obsessed with Rockstar (didn't like what I played of Max Payne 3 at all), but I for one definitely loved VC and SA. Crackdown and Saints Row 2 were the city sandboxes I liked this gen, and GTA5 looks damn good to me. GTA4 online was solid but it sounds like they'll take it up a notch with this one. So yeah, very very tempted to get this one soon haha.


RDR is a great game but I get a REALLY good vibe from GTAV so I'd choose that over RDR. As I said I already bought it and it's in the mail, I'll let you know if it's worth it.

Also if you like sandbox games and you liked Crackdown AND own a PS3 try out infamous. It's REALLY good. Specially the first one. (the second one has better powers but the city is nowhere near as fun cause its buildings are too low and thus not as fun to jump around). It's among my top 3 games of the PS3 (even higher than SR2 which I adored and RDR which I really liked)
Image
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
User avatar
Xeogred
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 14380
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:49 pm
Location: KC

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

by Xeogred Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:58 pm

Funny you say that... I was thinking of infamous myself haha. I've had the collection for awhile so that's even better, since I already own it. Might check it out soon after finishing up some current stuff.

oxymoron wrote:Did you like LA Noire? ^

Never played it... it honestly didn't look like my thing at all. But who knows?
User avatar
ZeroAX
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7471
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Current: Amsterdam. From Greece

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

by ZeroAX Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:17 pm

Xeogred wrote:Funny you say that... I was thinking of infamous myself haha. I've had the collection for awhile so that's even better, since I already own it. Might check it out soon after finishing up some current stuff.


:O :O :O....dude it's the only game on the PS3 I powered through. I got the platinum trophy in 10 days....which involves beating the game twice :lol: (once as a good guy and once as a bad guy). Forget GTAV, THIS is the game you should be playing next :D
Image
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 23007
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

by dsheinem Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:18 pm

Don't you people realize that Red Faction Guerrilla was/is the best sandbox game of this generation?
User avatar
ZeroAX
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7471
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Current: Amsterdam. From Greece

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

by ZeroAX Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:25 pm

dsheinem wrote:Don't you people realize that Red Faction Guerrilla was/is the best sandbox game of this generation?



Too much red :lol:.

Yeah that was a great game too but it had some major flaws for me. While it's sandbox was probably amongst the best ones of this generation, its missions were just bland and super forgetable. The only one I almost remember is when you are walking through an abandoned base/ruins and a voice over mentions the protagonist from the first game fighting one of the bosses (a mad scientist).....yeah I loved the original Red Faction, did I mention that? Had a blast with the multiplayer too, and the story kept my interest :)
Image
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
User avatar
Xeogred
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 14380
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:49 pm
Location: KC

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

by Xeogred Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:32 pm

Oh man I always forget about that game, but yeah I was a fan of Red Faction Guerrilla myself. Lots of fun with that one. Always loved the first game a lot too, though it's a bit hard to go back to haha... hit detection is kind of wonky. I put 2 up there with Perfect Dark Zero among some of the worst FPS sequels I've ever experienced, I remember 2 was like 80% on rails shooting, lmao.

Anyways yeah... I've been gaming on the PS3 only for months now, I'm not huge on some of Sony's exclusive IP's (though in love with the platformers now thanks to those HD collections!), but Infamous is one I've felt very confident about for awhile now. The gameplay, story, etc, everything looks right up my alley. I'm thinking that one or Darksiders next, might have to flip a coin... sounds like a win/win though haha. But for something to hold me over until potential GTA5 price drops, yeah Infamous looks like a good choice.
Return to Other Genres

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests