Grand Theft Auto V

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by ninjainspandex »

wow I never heard anyone ever say they were dissapointed with GTA San Andreas before, what exactly did'nt you like?
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

I'm really looking forward to it and am even considering going to the midnight launch, which is rare for me. It just looks too good to be true at the moment and GTA Online is shaping up to be an enormous time sink (in a good way).

Still there are some issues at the back of my mind.

I enjoyed GTA4 but they need to find a way avoid the dissonance between the gameplay and the story for GTA5. Charlie Brooker put it best when he likened GTA4 to a low-budget crime flick that turns into a Micheal Bay film for the last act.

The combat is supposed to be more like Max Payne 3's which I didn't enjoy, and Sleeping Dogs has just proven a sandbox game doesn't have to have a crappy melee fighting system.

Otherwise, yeah, consider me stoked.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

I was in agreement with you till you dissed MP3's gunplay. I thought it was decent :P
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
oxymoron
Next-Gen

Post by oxymoron »

dsheinem wrote:I can't think of any game with more hype that I'm less interested in than this one. I've not enjoyed a main entry in the series since it peaked with Vice City, so my expectations are low and I don't at all trust reviews after feeling burned with San Andreas and GTA4.

To put it another way: why should I care about this series again?

+1
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

My copy was shipped yesterday so I will probably have it next Tuesday (yes shipping is a bitch).

I can understand where Dave is coming from in regards to SA. It was very long and the setting was not as magical as Vice City.

Mind you I LOVED SA, but Vice City probably remains my favortie GTA mission and plot wise. I just prefer SA cause of how freaking huge it is.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
oxymoron
Next-Gen

Post by oxymoron »

ZeroAX wrote:It was very long and the setting was not as magical as Vice City.

You just explained GTA 4 in a nutshell. :lol:
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

oxymoron wrote:
ZeroAX wrote:It was very long and the setting was not as magical as Vice City.

You just explained GTA 4 in a nutshell. :lol:

I think "Boring, depressing and just not fun" would have done that job better
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

The only thing that interests me in Grand Theft Auto V won't be available on release and that is, GTA Online. I feel like a lot of game developers are embracing the somewhat persistent world that was popularized by games like DayZ and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I find that to be such an awesome experience that really defines a game and makes it last a lifetime.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:The only thing that interests me in Grand Theft Auto V won't be available on release and that is, GTA Online. I feel like a lot of game developers are embracing the somewhat persistent world that was popularized by games like DayZ and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I find that to be such an awesome experience that really defines a game and makes it last a lifetime.

But will it be as open ended as DayZ or will it be like the online mode of Red Dead Redemption, which was basically a glorified lobby (I had a bad experience with it cause I was never able to find anyone around)
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

ZeroAX wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:The only thing that interests me in Grand Theft Auto V won't be available on release and that is, GTA Online. I feel like a lot of game developers are embracing the somewhat persistent world that was popularized by games like DayZ and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I find that to be such an awesome experience that really defines a game and makes it last a lifetime.

But will it be as open ended as DayZ or will it be like the online mode of Red Dead Redemption, which was basically a glorified lobby (I had a bad experience with it cause I was never able to find anyone around)

I think it will be a mixture of both. It only hosts about 15 people, but has a lot of unique activities that are specific to the multi-player. Watching TV and have it reflect what other players are doing in the game (car chases, heists etc) is such a cool idea to me. The problem is that limit on the number of people who can play. That is why I am going to wait until the PC release. I think that some people will be able to push it to hold more... we will see. There will be a lot of Red Dead Redemption feel to it, I am sure and it may not have the staying power of DayZ... The community decides that though.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.