Grand Theft Auto V

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by noiseredux »

Yeah the skyfall is an incredible scene.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I used to make a game out of it on the 7th gen versions. I believe it was random starting locations and I'd aim for certain things like buildings, pools or what ever was around. Fun stuff!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

...and now I'm pissed.

I'm getting over a brutal cold (that my wife now has as well) so I spent a lot of time this weekend gaming. I was plowing through GTA5 missions and really enjoying story mode. 16 hours in, I hit a glitch.

There's a mission called Scouting The Port. I should tell you that Trevor is my least favorite character to play as. And it's one of his missions. It involves a very Shenmue-like sequence of working at the docks. And it ends with you taking pictures of a boat. You're supposed to take 3: the front of the boat, a guard on the boat, and the back of the boat. Except the game WILL NOT recognize that I've taken a pic of the guard. I spent 10 mins taking picture after picture of every guard I could find. It just kept telling me to take a picture of the guard.

Did some Googling, and sure enough it's a known glitch. Some said it was patched. I made sure that my game is up-to-date. Some say that playing in borderless windowed mode helps. So ugh... I restarted the entire mission. Nope. Same thing. So basically, I can't find any concrete fix, and I really don't want to keep attempting this boring ass mission over again to see if it just unglitches itself.

And I'm definitely not starting the game over after 16 hrs. So I guess I'm done w/ this game until I know of a real fix. :?
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I have not run into that glitch in either the PS3 release or PC. I remeber the part too. I think I took the guard picture on the giant crane thing.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Yeah that whole sequence is on the crane.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Yeah didn't hit me on PS3, 360, or PC(Windows 7). Must be one of those oddball glitches or something that cropped up in one of the more recent patches since it's been a while since I played.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

from the little I can find online, this is not a very common glitch at all. But I'm not the only one to have hit it. That's the problem. There's no clear solution since it's so uncommon.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

What about getting closer. Come down from the crane and try for a shot from below on the ground. Or if it allows you to move the crane around after the truck loading sequence maybe it's tied to that.

This sucks as you know. There is so much more game to play through and it gets better.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

casterofdreams wrote:What about getting closer. Come down from the crane and try for a shot from below on the ground. Or if it allows you to move the crane around after the truck loading sequence maybe it's tied to that.

nope, that catwalk is where you have to go to take the pics. I've watched several videos of people doing it - and I'm doing everything I'm supposed to.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

When I have a moment I want to replay the mission.