Grand Theft Auto V

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by dsheinem »

3:19pm: Install process begins with Disc 1...
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:3:19pm: Install process begins with Disc 1...

:D
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:3:19pm: Install process begins with Disc 1...

:D

3:54pm: starting Disc 3 of 7
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

That's better than my journey of downloading 60GB during a three day period (not 36 hours straight, only during the work day).
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

casterofdreams wrote:That's better than my journey of downloading 60GB during a three day period (not 36 hours straight, only during the work day).

yeah, I figure most people say it takes an hour or so to install the discs and then another hour or so for the download. If I can play for a while before bed tonight, that would be cool.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

disc install, plus patch, plus validation totaled about 90+ minutes for me. Be happy that you were able to start it so early.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I did my install during the pre-install timeframe :lol:. By release I was patched and ready to go. Last Sunday I got up to Trevor's intro.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

got to play an hour or so. like it so far. very pretty, a bit overwhelming all the grey area on my map...
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:got to play an hour or so. like it so far. very pretty, a bit overwhelming all the grey area on my map...

I've put in about 14 hours now, with the time split between missions and free-roaming. I still have plenty of grey areas, haha.

I actually dabbled in Online last night as well for an hour or two. Did some death matches w/ strangers.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:got to play an hour or so. like it so far. very pretty, a bit overwhelming all the grey area on my map...

I've put in about 14 hours now, with the time split between missions and free-roaming. I still have plenty of grey areas, haha.

I actually dabbled in Online last night as well for an hour or two. Did some death matches w/ strangers.

are there multiple islands to unlock that open up as the game progreses or can i go everywhere pretty much at the start?