Grand Theft Auto V

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
wclem
Next-Gen

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by wclem »

jay_red wrote:
ZeroAX wrote:This game really has a lot of unused areas that would have made for amazing missions unfortunately :/

I mean come on. The prison and the air base are BEGGING for a heist mission :D

its crazy how many areas that were very well developed did not have a mission. I thought the amphitheater would for sure have a mission once I found it, but sadly nothing came of it. Like you said, the prison and military base are both obvious choices as well.

To be continued in the DLC LOL. Unused area = DLC, at least that is how I have seen games in the past.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

The air base at least is used for a few online missions but yeah, some locations seem a bit empty. I imagine the DLC for this game will be more like increased weapon/vehicle types and heists than GTA4's asynchronous story lines. As long as it is sensibly priced, I'm ok with that.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/517251/20131027/gta5-online-rockstar-beachbum-dlc-release-video.htm

They already announced the first pack of DLC though it's going to be free (yaaaay) but it won't feature any new single player missions or story content (booo) but a ton of new multiplayer content (again yaaay) but still no online heists (I'm not going to repeat myself). Looking forward for what they have in store in the future. I really want some Episodes from Los Santos DLC packs
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

Damn April fools idiots :evil:
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

wclem wrote:Damn April fools idiots :evil:

:?:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

ZeroAX wrote:

Yep, not even gonna tell anyone what that meant..... shame, just shame.... :oops:
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

wclem wrote:
ZeroAX wrote:

Yep, not even gonna tell anyone what that meant..... shame, just shame.... :oops:

haha come on, can't be that bad
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

Yeah it is LOL

They had me going, thought they were gonna release GTA V on PS4..... bastards :evil:
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

wclem wrote:Yeah it is LOL

They had me going, thought they were gonna release GTA V on PS4..... bastards :evil:

Or pc.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

oh DEAR fucking god.......................

Ok I'm going to be honest, I have never before really played online console games. I only played Little Big Planet, but that's basically you running the levels online together with company. It was really fun, but we didn't really talk to each other, nor really need each other's help to beat the level.

Anyway, after playing enough GTA Online to get to rank 20 I have 2 MAJOR gripes:

1) How can they fuck up the game lobby SO MUCH. First of all automatching works like SHIT. This is a game that has sold 35 million copies....you're honestly telling me I can't find people to play a deathmatch against?

Instead of building a lobby where you can join games and quickly fill up a room, you have this STUPID system of ONLY being able to invite either A) people in your game session (so 15 people) or B) People in your crew (and we have no idea how that works exactly) or C) People of your skill level......
Is it so hard for me to click quick job->random job and to be added to the lobby with the most players ready to go and play?

Seriously guys this is why PC gamers make fun of console gaming. It works for single player stuff and local play, but the online infrastructure just SUCKS. It's slow as hell to load, and worst of all people who play it on xbox pay a subscription for this shit? And you guys just TOOK it? No sorry, even if I buy a PS4 I'm not paying to play online, the experience simply sucks.

2) What's the point of the free roam mode, if I can't explore the world while we are waiting for other players to join our game? Seriously, it takes for ever to invite people and for them to join, why can't I enjoy driving my dune buggy though the desert to pass the time?

And a minor gripe:
Kids who haven't hit puberty yet (they sounded like 11 at best) playing a freaking 18+ game. And it wasn't so bad when I met some Italian kids which I couldn't understand what they were saying, but damn British kids, WTF are their mothers doing? And why do none of the adults have mics for their PS3s and it's only the little kids who do?

/rant end