Grand Theft Auto V

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Just beat the game. Thoughts to come!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Ended up with another copy this time for the PS4 for $20 :P.
Ack

Post by Ack »

So, have any of you been up on Mt. Gordo at 11pm yet?
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I started to run into performance issues as of late. I fired up the game with the settings I had two weeks ago and the frame rate went directly into the toilets. Now I wasn't at 60FPS before but it was stable at 40ish with a decent amount of graphics option on. The launcher didn't update so no changes from two weeks ago. I lowered everything to normal and have achieved 60FPS while having it look like the 7th gen releases. I need to figure out the problem when I have a few moments.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

Finally got a solid group together for some Heist based fun. Knocked out the Humane Labs and Jail Break raids quite professionally I might add. Well, aside from drowning myself because I got lost in some sewage pipes. Oddly, one of the set up missions for the Humane Raid was harder than the final mission itself.

Anyway, after that two guys left so me and a friend, feeling pretty pumped from our previous heist successes, tried another with some randoms which didn't go so well. As in immediately crashing a helicopter into the objective kind of not well. Lesson learnt.

I like the heists a lot on the whole but they can be a tad rigid. Not a huge amount of room for improvisation which is kind of counter to the sand box ethos.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Yeah making sure that you have a decent pilot in the pilot slot is key.
Ogreatgames
8-bit

Post by Ogreatgames »

The game play and story line for Grand Theft Auto games are always quite great, I did not play the latest ones yet but they generally do not disappoint.
http://www.ogreatgames.com Hey checkout Ogreatgames for great video games and much more!
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Ogreatgames wrote:The game play and story line for Grand Theft Auto games are always quite great, I did not play the latest ones yet but they generally do not disappoint.

Great how? They're mostly rip-offs of older movies or TV shows. Entertaining sure, but hardly anything superlative.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I've been playing through a lot of the story mode (finally) this weekend. I just did the mission where Michael takes some drugs and has a bad trip. Those who have played know exactly what I'm talking about. It was the craziest, weirdest and probably most beautiful part of the game thus far. Brilliant.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I remember that mission. The last part if I remember correctly is skyfall. Save in a separate file and find the Skyfall code to redo that last part over and over. Be sure to revert to the earlier save as the code will block achievements and the like.

I finished the game story and purchased all of the property.

DO NOT DO THE LESTER ASSASSINATION MISSIONS UNTIL AFTER THE LAST MISSION PAYOUT! Than use a guide to see the investment schemes. Its the only way to purchase all of the proerties available. That golf course is $150,000,000.

That's all I'll say on the matter.