Grand Theft Auto V

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by noiseredux »

yeah Franklin's driving special is legit.

Good to know on the reunion. I'll get back to it ASAP.

Oh and today saw the release of another GTA5 related soundtrack. We've already seen a collection of original music and the score, both released last year. Now the album of PC-exclusive radio station tracks produced by Oh No and the Alchemist is out. It's called Welcome To Los Santos and has some good dudes on there like Earl Sweatshirt, Ab Soul, MC Eiht, A$AP Ferg, Killer Mike, Curren$y, Action Bronson, Danny Brown... Anyway, what I find interesting is that my understanding is that this is new music for the game that samples the game's score.
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

Ack wrote:
noiseredux wrote:man, we're on pace. I just finished that hunting mission.

Personally, Trevor is my least favorite character of the three. I like Michael the best, as far as how much fun I've had playing each of the three character's storylines.

Trevor is the best character.

My buddy played GTA V on PS3 when it launched. He would occasionally switch out to different folks. One day he switched to Trevor and discovered him driving a scooter on the freeway, dressed like Hunter S. Thompson, repeatedly shouting, "Scooter buddy!" in various tones at another guy on a scooter. Brian just kept going because he wanted to know how long it would last. Trevor kept shouting "Scooter buddy" every few seconds for five minutes, until Brian finally got bored and shot the guy.

Believe it or not that 'Scooter Brother' thing in GTAV was actually an Easter Egg shout out to an old video someone made in GTAIV that wound up going viral. Rockstar can be pretty clever about that sort of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxKj_CmtHRI
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

So lets talk about making a crew. I made a rough draft crew called, The Racket Boys, which is a nice double entendre. Rank titles range from the low tier (Magnavox Odyssey) up to the higher tiers (Playstation 2). We can change everything though so it isn't set in stone and can even be thrown out for a better crew, but lets talk about getting the ball rolling.

This current crew is set as private and invite only, so add me as a friend and I will put you into the crew.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

awesome. I like this. So basically, any of us in the crew are able to join a private online game at any time? So I mean, I could log on and just be out doing stuff and you guys could drop and out of the same private world, right?

I did accept yr friend request on RSSC, Bogus.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

noiseredux wrote:awesome. I like this. So basically, any of us in the crew are able to join a private online game at any time? So I mean, I could log on and just be out doing stuff and you guys could drop and out of the same private world, right?

I did accept yr friend request on RSSC, Bogus.

Yep! that is exactly how it works.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Request sent!

Edit:

What are the rankings?

Dreamcasters has to be in there somewhere right?!
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Blu wrote:Request sent!

Edit:

What are the rankings?

Dreamcasters has to be in there somewhere right?!

So yeah, essentially there are tiers for rankings in increments of 10. This is them right now, but we can absolutely change them. I just put them in as placeholders for the time being.

Rank 1-10 - Magnavox Odyssey
Rank 11-20 - Atari 2600
Rank 21-30 - NES
Rank 31-40 - TurboGrafx-16
Rank 41-50 - Sega Genesis
Rank 51-60 - Playstation
Rank 61-70 - Nintendo 64
Rank 71-80 - Playstation 2
Rank 81-90 - Gamecube
Rank 91-100 - Dreamcast

Also, this is the current emblem which can be put on shirts in GTAO. Again, just a placeholder that I made on the fly.

The background is the same as the base shirt color so everything meshes nicely.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

that looks really cool.

I actually know nothing about the rank system. Is it just basically like leveling up based on XP earned from doing stuff online?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

noiseredux wrote:that looks really cool.

I actually know nothing about the rank system. Is it just basically like leveling up based on XP earned from doing stuff online?

It is exactly like the rankings here with post count. If your character is between level 1-10 you are rank Magnavox Odyssey. It is just a little title. The real positions in the crew determine what you can do. For instance, you Noise can do everything that I can in your position.

Blu though.... you gotta prove your worth! (I'm kidding, it for some reason put you in that position as default!)