Grand Theft Auto V

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by Sload Soap »

Hardly anyone does death matches anyway. It's mostly trolling in free-roam and missions with friends/alone. The lobby system is bad and it was actually worse early on if you can believe it.

Don't make the mistake of judging multi-player on consoles by GTAV. Plenty of other games work just fine.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Sload Soap wrote:Hardly anyone does death matches anyway. It's mostly trolling in free-roam and missions with friends/alone. The lobby system is bad and it was actually worse early on if you can believe it.

Don't make the mistake of judging multi-player on consoles by GTAV. Plenty of other games work just fine.

omg worse? hahahaha.

Why don't people play deathmatch? it's so much fun. specially the jobs with lots of military hardware. Please don't tell me all the fuck they care for is RP points
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Why bother to be a good parent when Big Brother pays the checks? :lol: Millennials are so going to fuck up the world, they'll make baby-boomers so angelic in comparison.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

ZeroAX wrote:
omg worse? hahahaha.

Why don't people play deathmatch? it's so much fun. specially the jobs with lots of military hardware. Please don't tell me all the fuck they care for is RP points

For its first week it online was basically unplayable. It kept erasing your avatar and progress. You'd be lucky to actually get into a game. So it's a relative improvement. :lol:

I don't do deathmatch because the shooting mechanics aren't really up to it. Me and my friends mostly do missions and races. Still waiting on the heists though.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

If anyone feels up for some online play I have it on both PS3 and 360 now :P.

Xbox Gamer Tag: Fragems
PSN: Fragems001
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

well, sort of a necro-bump but for those of us who only play games on PC, GTA V was finally released yesterday.

I had pre-ordered the physical edition which to my surprise doesn't activate thru Steam. It's actually just activated thru Rockstar's "Social Club." The physical box is really nice actually. I expected just a thick DVD case a la Advanced Warfare, but it's actually a thick cardboard box sort of like a TV show box set. Which makes sense as it's spread over 7 DVD's. The set came with a "manual" (basically install directions, activation key, and a bunch of blank pages for you to take notes), a voucher for free in game currency, and a beautiful full color fold-out map. I was pleased that I spent $50 on this physical pre-order vs. Steam's $60 launch price.

The full install took me a good hour and a half, maybe longer. There was the installation of the 7 discs, then registration for Rock Star Social Club, then a 50GB update, then file validation plus I wanted to install the new Nvidia Game Ready driver for the game.

Once launched, everything looked and played great (i5 4690k, ASRock Z97 Extreme3, GTX 970). Sadly, I didn't have a whole heck of a lot of time to play though. Basically all I've done was 'testing.' I took a quick look at the video settings, but didn't mess with anything yet. There's also benchmarking tools which I left alone for now as well. I played for a bit with mouse & keyboard in first person mode, and then switched to a controller and third person view once I found myself in the seat of a car. There seems to be merits to playing both ways, and I can see myself bouncing back and forth depending on the situation. Both play well, and I like that if I'm playing w/ keyboard, there might be a pop-up that says "press F key to get in car," but as soon as I push a button on the controller the prompt changes to "press Y button to get in car."

I did the obligatory tutorial missions to start the game. First a bank robbery (first person) and then a car theft (third person). And then the game quickly opened up. Time to explore Los Santos!

I hopped in my car and drove around the city at night. A couple flicks of the radio dial and I found an A$AP Ferg track pumping. Turned it up and already felt good about my purchase. The next two tracks were by Kendrick Lamar, one of which ("ADHD") is from his absolutely stunning indie release Section80. Yes!

I ignored the map altogether and just drove wherever instinct took me. I tried to find an on-ramp to the busy freeway but instead got sidetracked as I noticed some quiet roads leading up some hills. I followed those until the sun came up and then crashed my car off the side of a cliff. I brushed myself off and wandered down the beach where a group of people were sleeping in tents. I stole one of their cars and promptly drove into the ocean. Ran back, stole another and drove down the beach some. Hit some rocks and found the car flying through the air... and into the ocean. I swam out of the sunken car and noticed a manta ray off in the distance. I followed him for a bit and then realized someone had left their jet ski unattended further down the beach. I hopped on that and sped off, making big jumps over waves and eventually hopping off somewhere down the coast. I started to make my way up some hills, startling off a group of deer inadvertently.

Unfortunately I had to call it a night. I barely got a chance to do anything, but I was still very impressed with what I saw. There's apparently no way to save when you're out in the world. I didn't want to find my way back to my house to save, though it's not like I had made any "progress."

For those of you that are spending a lot of time "doing nothing" in this game - do you tend to do so in single player or online? Is there benefits/drawbacks one way or the other?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

You can actually save in the wild with a quick save, which can be accessed by your smart phone. I am really glad you ate enjoying the game and that the first person mode is treating you well. I use it even in the car. It takes some getting used to and is challenging, but some of the most priceless moments came from them.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:You can actually save in the wild with a quick save, which can be accessed by your smart phone.

AH! Cool. And the quick save can be restored next session? Cool.

I am really glad you ate enjoying the game and that the first person mode is treating you well. I use it even in the car. It takes some getting used to and is challenging, but some of the most priceless moments came from them.

In pretty much any driving game I always prefer a behind the car view.

But I love the flexibility of it all. There's a huge "play however you want" feeling to this game, which is amplified by the switchable viewpoints.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

hey noise...did you get the special edition..if so...do you have a blacklight?
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I don't think it's an SE?