Grand Theft Auto V

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Onikage
16-bit

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by Onikage »

well i've played this game quite a lot now and my conclusion is that i'm pissed that i paid 70 euros for this. i really tried to get into it because i'm a big fan of the ps2 gta games, but this is just so goddamn boring. i hate how there are so many missions where you are just fetching shit or doing absolutely pointless crap like a yoga lesson or a bike ride. even the heists that were hyped up are a huge disappointment and somehow a step down from the ones in gta 3, vice city, san andreas, or IV. they're supposed be "strategic" but all you do is play through a set path. there's zero tension or excitement because you get checkpoints everywhere and you have regenerating health which makes it impossible to fail. the character customization options are also lower than in San andreas. the missions do have lots of variety, but everything is too dragged out and often feels more like an interactive movie than a game. the storyline seems a bit disjointed and there doesn't seem to be a clear ultimate objective for the characters until fairly late into the game.
i also checked out the online, and it looks like you have to grind through boring missions to unlock stuff. fuck that shit. time and money wasted.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

I tried finding you people to add you on PSN, but the list hasn't been updated in over a year.

So anyone playing GTA Online, or just likes collecting Racketboy friends on PSN like me, add me. My PSN ID is: Quaro1987
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Seems the effect GTA5 had on me was short-lived. Apparently it's shallower than I gave it credit for. I hope I'll have more fun with SR4 and its DLC.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

ZeroAX wrote:I tried finding you people to add you on PSN, but the list hasn't been updated in over a year.

So anyone playing GTA Online, or just likes collecting Racketboy friends on PSN like me, add me. My PSN ID is: Quaro1987

Mine is TastyMuffins, not sure when we would have time to play since we're hours apart time-wise though. Plus, I'm just one busy individual, but I'll gladly add you as a friend.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Finished the game. The final heist wasn't as epic as I had expected

Though that might be cause I was spoiled by the one at the bank in the small town, which was freaking epic, what with minigun armored characters, a cut-throat escape and Franklin driving a construction vehicle to carry the others away. That mission is too good

The meta game is as fun as most GTA games (going to enjoy the single player part before I dive into the multiplayer aspect for good).

This is the HD GTA game I was expecting after SA. I can see me playing this for years just like SA (which I got 100% in for the first time last year :lol: ).

I wish Rockstar would support GTA V they same way they did with GTA IV and release DLC episodes, but I really don't see that happening with development shifting to the PS4 and Xbone. Oh well, I'll just finish all my strangers and freaks missions.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Where's your psychological evaluation Mister ZeroAX? Image
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Pulsar_t wrote:Where's your psychological evaluation Mister ZeroAX? Image

Deranged. Seriously deranged.

Tries to do the right thing - poor judgment as to what that is.

Likes to think of self as big cheese.

Desperate for material possessions.

Superior - despite many obvious inadequacies.

Sexually unsure of self - unfortunately not the case elsewhere.

Very dependent on family for self-worth, which is odd.

Will end up very rich or entirely bankrupt. Cannot decide which.

Frighteningly myopic about suffering (of others).

Incapable of respecting property rights.

Thought yoga was silly - instead seems to like slaughter.

Not really into physical fitness.

Crazy but outgoing.

A.D.D.?

Help!

Also Stark I love your nickname :lol: . It's ok even if we don't play together. I just like having you racketboy guys to see what you are playing :)
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I haven't finished it yet, as I initially got distracted by the online mode and then later, games like Wind Waker HD, Pokemon, The Wolf Among Us, Sonic Lost World etc, but I have to say this is the first GTA game I've really got into and have loved. I don't know what it is this time round, but something just clicked with me. I think it's how diverse the missions are, having three different characters and how interesting they have made it.

Don't get me wrong, I did also get quite into Vice City and San Andreas, but they always seemed like just 'good' games rather than the usual "OMG BEST GAME EVEERRR 10/10" people comment and they didn't hold my attention that long.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

This game really has a lot of unused areas that would have made for amazing missions unfortunately :/

I mean come on. The prison and the air base are BEGGING for a heist mission :D
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

ZeroAX wrote:This game really has a lot of unused areas that would have made for amazing missions unfortunately :/

I mean come on. The prison and the air base are BEGGING for a heist mission :D

its crazy how many areas that were very well developed did not have a mission. I thought the amphitheater would for sure have a mission once I found it, but sadly nothing came of it. Like you said, the prison and military base are both obvious choices as well.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248