Need for Speed Most Wanted (Criterion)

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Need for Speed Most Wanted (Criterion)

Post by Pulsar_t »

This game is getting good reviews but the Windows version requires Origin. I already have the blighted thing (BoyFriend 3), but it's a packed season so this will have to wait.

And I know this is an arcade racer but Criterion are really lazy with the camera. Two views only!
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Ghegs
64-bit

Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted (Criterion)

Post by Ghegs »

I've got mine coming in, hopefully I'll get it this week. I had to order the US version and hope it'll work with my Japanese 360. Hot Pursuit's US version did, so I'm hoping they went with the same region settings. Bunch of us over at Rolling Start are getting the game, so should be able to get some multiplayer going as well.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

The question I have is does it live up to the completely awesome original Most Wanted? That game was probably my favorite Need for Speed game along side Underground and Hot Pursuit 2.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game... but Criterion can make great arcade racers when they put their mind to it! I was back playing Burnout Revenge and was reminded of that recently...
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Metal Jesus wrote:I was back playing Burnout Revenge and was reminded of that recently...

If only the PS2 load times weren't so horrible on that game, it would be one of my favorites. It just felt like playing a game where someone interrupts you every 2 minutes.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

J T wrote:
Metal Jesus wrote:I was back playing Burnout Revenge and was reminded of that recently...

If only the PS2 load times weren't so horrible on that game, it would be one of my favorites. It just felt like playing a game where someone interrupts you every 2 minutes.
Guess you need it on 360 then? :wink:
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
Mechblue
128-bit

Post by Mechblue »

I really want to get this. I might do it blackfriday if I can.

I loved the PS2 game but I never beat it because it felt too real (I mean I would be in a chase for 20-30 mins) and it was getting to me. Can't beat a game if you're constantly in a chase.

Anyways since Criterion got involved (loved burnout paradise but it suffered on lack of car license) on these Need for Speed games they've been awesome and I've played most of them. That partner ship combined the best of both worlds.

I should add some of you guys playing on the 360 as I set "records" on autolog but none of my current friends play NFS games. :(
TEKTORO wrote:That looks mad fake bro. :/
Ghegs
64-bit

Post by Ghegs »

I was really disappointed with the game. Posted my thoughts here a while back.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Ten hours in and I'm already sick of the soundtrack :lol: Almost done with it anyway, once I get the last MW car there's little reason to play. It's good that Criterion will finally be making something other than racing games.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image