Resident Evil 6

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Resident Evil 6

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

Was searching for a thread on this but I only saw a launch party event.. If there is one you can move this or delete but I'm curious to what everyone thinks about this.. I have mixed feelings and as you all know, the game was leaked and the demo as been out awhile.. I didn't mind the game myself but I still think it is a bit clunky compared to other TPSers like Uncharted and Gears but then again they aren't the exact same type of game either..

I hear the game has much more content and is much longer than 4, but is it enough to be worth a purchase? A lot of people have actually been ripping the demo as a slower Gears ripoff, but tbh I don't think the gameplay is suppose to be faced paced either.. I still am leaning towards a purchase because it's RE afterall, but do any of you feel the series has fallen off?
Last edited by EvilRyu2099 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
AppleQueso

Re: Resident Evil 6

Post by AppleQueso »

much longer than 4!?

4 was like 10-15 hours or something. I don't see why any action game needs to be any longer than that.
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

Sorry forgive me.. I meant 5 lol.. But i hear the game is roughly 50 hours on of campaign.. That seems like a good amount of content IMO..

And for your opinion on it not needing to be long.. I would label the game Survivor Horror Action in which case I think the story is a major aspect.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I have the demo, but haven't tried it yet. I got caught up trying the demo for Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit instead...which probably says something about my overall lack of excitement towards Resident Evil 6

I was very disappointed with RE 5. It was basically a co op game in a franchise that no one buys for co op. Plus, it lost much of RE 4's charm, which is kind of amazing given how much it actually ripped off from RE 4.

Hearing that RE 6 is modeled after all of the mediocre shooters that are so popular these days doesn't instill me with confidence.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

Gamerforlife wrote:I have the demo, but haven't tried it yet. I got caught up trying the demo for Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit instead...which probably says something about my overall lack of excitement towards Resident Evil 6

I was very disappointed with RE 5. It was basically a co op game in a franchise that no one buys for co op. Plus, it lost much of RE 4's charm, which is kind of amazing given how much it actually ripped off from RE 4.

Hearing that RE 6 is modeled after all of the mediocre shooters that are so popular these days doesn't instill me with confidence.

Tbh I actually like Coop games.. One of the reasons I kept playing LP 2 for so long and playing Killing Floor as well... So I don't mind myself, but I could see someone's gripe for wanting to emulate other popular TPS games, although I think both Uncharted and Gears are tremendous games.. Not so sure it works for a game like this though.. There is also a melee button as well that seems completely automated like Killzone..
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

I played the demo. I enjoyed two-thirds of it. The third I didn't enjoy was the Chris Redfield scenario. Chris' scenario felt like I was playing Gears of War...

Leon's Scenario was awesome. Shooting regular zombies is all I wanted. 8) (Not that I hate the Plagas zombies but I like the throwback to the good ol' original B.O.W.'s)
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Opa Opa wrote:I played the demo. I enjoyed two-thirds of it. The third I didn't enjoy was the Chris Redfield scenario. Chris' scenario felt like I was playing Gears of War...

Leon's Scenario was awesome. Shooting regular zombies is all I wanted. 8) (Not that I hate the Plagas zombies but I like the throwback to the good ol' original B.O.W.'s)

I played the Leon scenario of the demo. It was okay. It seems like they are bringing back the co op feel, which gets a thumbs down from me. It played well enough though. Game seems too dark though. I couldn't see the zombies half the time, and what's with headshots having no effect? Lame.

I rolled my eyes at the car scene where RE 6 starts trying to be Heavy Rain. Ridiculous.

My overall reaction was sort of neutral. It didn't suck, but it didn't knock my socks off either. Might be worth a rental, or picking up when cheaper, used copies pop up at Gamestop. It was nice see Leon again. He's the best male character in the RE franchise. Chris bored me to tears in RE 5
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Yeah, I noticed the darkness too. Even with the in-game brightness all the way up it was still difficult to see anything.

I'm playing on a standard definition tv though. That might be part of my problem.

I'll pick the game up whenever it goes down to $20 with all the dlc on the disc. I'm not in any hurry to buy the game.
Last edited by Opa Opa on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Opa Opa wrote:Yeah, I noticed the darkness too. Even with the in-game brightness all the way up it was still difficult to see anything.

I'm playing on a standard definition tv though. That might be part of my problem.

I'll pick the game up whenever it goes down to $20 with all the dlc on the disc. I'm not it any hurry to buy the game.

I was playing in HD on the PS3 with an HDMI cable on a high quality Samsung 40'' LCD TV and I had trouble seeing them too. So I think it's a universal issue. Some people might like this though, increases the tension when you don't know where the zombies even are.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I think I figured out one of the reasons I like Leon. He seems like a sort of special operative while Chris just seems like a generic soldier. Just makes Leon much cooler
RyaNtheSlayA wrote: