Games like Lemmings, DodoGo! and M vs D: Minis March Again

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Games like Lemmings, DodoGo! and M vs D: Minis March Again

Post by Gamerforlife »

I've been playing DodoGo! from DSiWare on my 3DS quite a bit lately and I absolutely love it! A bit earlier this year I finished Mario vs Donkey Kong: Minis March Again and I gave that game a solid 8 out of 10 in the Games Beaten 2012 thread. I seem to enjoy this style of puzzle game where you lead a group of characters towards an exit while avoiding enemies, obstacles, etc. So I wonder if you guys can recommend some other great games with a similar style as I'm finding these games quite addicting. I couldn't stop playing Minis March Again until I finished every single level with a gold star, which actually kept me up for a few nights. Now, I'm obsessed with getting the gold eggs in every stage of DodoGo! and I'm having trouble pulling myself away to play anything else
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Games like Lemmings, DodoGo! and M vs D: Minis March Aga

Post by Xeogred »

I know this is probably not exactly what you're looking for since you can control the characters, but have you ever played the Lost Vikings games? Amazing stuff.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Xeogred wrote:I know this is probably not exactly what you're looking for since you can control the characters, but have you ever played the Lost Vikings games? Amazing stuff.

Yeah, that's not exactly what I had in mind but it's a good suggestion. I've actually always wanted to play those games at some point. There seem to be different ports. Which would you suggest?

Let's see what other cool games you guys can come up with in this thread. I'm really curious to see what other games have that Lemmings style gameplay
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

You should try Eets.

http://www.eetsgame.com/

Niode gave me a copy awhile back. It's a pretty fun game and clearly has a Lemmings influence. It's described as a bit of a cross between Lemmings and The Incredible Machine. It's by the same group that made the Shank games, though the gameplay mechanics are obviously very different.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

Post by pepharytheworm »

Toki Tori - GBC & Wiiware
This game is super fun but you only control one and not a group, but it plays a lot like lemmings.

Mario and Wario - SFC
You got to use the mouse for this one but again you only control one and not a group.

The Humans - various
My favorite version is the jaguar one called Evolution: Dino Dudes. This one is a lemmings clone.

Diggers - Amiga
Haven't played this one but is i ever get a cd32 I am getting this game for it.

Troddlers - SNES

Sheep - PS1
This one plays like 3D lemmings.

Gussun Oyoyo - Various
I have one of the saturn versions but you can get it on the SFC or ps1. It plays like a cross between M vs D mixed with tetris.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

You should play World of Goo. It has a Lemmings-like concept of "all for the greater good" with a lot of personality and quite inetresting mechanics. It's an amazing title and you can get it for very cheap.

Get it for PC, it's more confortble than the Wii version.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

King Arthur's World on SNES would be right up your alley. A lot like Lemmings, but you have more control over your units. Stupid ass story though, at least in the American version.

And I will second The Lost Vikings. I've never tried the sequel, but the original is one of my favorite games. Incredibly creative puzzle/platformer that doesn't overstay its welcome (as much as I love Lemmings it's waaaaayyyy too long and a lot of the later levels are just palette swaps). The SNES version is certainly the best, though I bet the GBA port is a blast.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Krusty's Fun House (Amiga, DOS, Game Boy, Game Gear, Genesis, NES, SEGA Master System, SNES) is a lot like lemmings.

MobyGames wrote:Krusty the Clown's Fun House has been overrun by rats. You must help him to herd the rats into trap machines to clear them out. In order to do so, Krusty must manipulate his environment to set up pathways so that the rats are headed in the right direction. Objects that Krusty move around include blocks, fans, and pipe pieces.

The trap machines are operated by other recognizable Simpson's characters: Bart, Homer, Sideshow Mel, and Corporal Punishment.
FiftyDollarCurse
128-bit

Post by FiftyDollarCurse »

There's The Humans (Genesis, SNES, lots of others)

From Wikipedia:
The Humans is modeled after Psygnosis's Lemmings series of games in that it is a timed puzzle game that requires the player to make each individual perform different tasks to achieve one goal, but differs in that it gives direct control of individual humans to the player, rather than only allowing the player to simply assign tasks
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Gamerforlife wrote:Yeah, that's not exactly what I had in mind but it's a good suggestion. I've actually always wanted to play those games at some point. There seem to be different ports. Which would you suggest?

Let's see what other cool games you guys can come up with in this thread. I'm really curious to see what other games have that Lemmings style gameplay

Dude, these games are amazing, so yeah definitely check them out when you can. Stay away from the Genesis port of the first game, since the game utilize a lot of buttons I remember it being kind of awkward. So I'd say SNES there, and for 2 I've dabbled into the second game on the SNES, but I have always played the more revamped PSX/PC version which has awesome graphics, music, etc. I like the first game the most, but both games are top notch and I've always wished Blizzard kept them going. They obviously don't care anymore... lol.